By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sunset Overdrive and Forza Horizon 2 coming to PC?

Ka-pi96 said:
Burek said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Probably Sunset Overdrive as well, since they are the publisher.

They are publishing it on XOne only. Nothing is stopping Insomniac to take the game directly to Steam or Origin (or even PS4) without Microsoft's interference.

Not saying that they will. Honestly, I believe Insomniac would profit the most by porting it to WiiU.

While Steam or Origin they probably could do themselves, they would still need a publisher if they were going to Wii U...

Nintendo...

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Burek said:
Ka-pi96 said:

While Steam or Origin they probably could do themselves, they would still need a publisher if they were going to Wii U...

Nintendo...

I would be very surprised if Microsoft didn't have a clause in their contract that stops Insomniac getting other console manufacturers from publishing the game as well. Otherwise they would just go to Sony and get a PS4 version as well...

Agreed. This wasn't just a timed exclusive deal. Microsoft actively and quite aggressively marketed Sunset Overdrive for Insomniac by giving it its own exclusive bundle with a white Xbox One(which currently cannot be purchased without the game itself) along with prominent advertising. I'm willing to bet it was an agreement akin to Titanfall where the actual game itself remains on Microsoft platforms but the IP itself is retained by the developer(they would be free to make sequels and spin offs on whatever platform they desire). I really doubt MS(or Sony/Nintendo) would enter an agreement where they fiercely promote an exclusive title only to have it ported to other platforms 6 months or a year later. Probably why we have not seen Titanfal/Ryse/Dead Rising on PS4(although I personally don't want to see Ryse on PS4 :P)

Ka-pi96 said:
Burek said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Nintendo...

I would be very surprised if Microsoft didn't have a clause in their contract that stops Insomniac getting other console manufacturers from publishing the game as well. Otherwise they would just go to Sony and get a PS4 version as well...

They originally did go to Sony, and they turned them down...

I could see Sunset Overdrive release for PC next summer. Would buy it if that was the case.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

Burek said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Burek said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Nintendo...

They originally did go to Sony, and they turned them down...

I think Sony wanted ownership of the IP and Insomniac declined. Quite a shame because they have a long relationship together and whilst I don't think Insomniac make the best games, I do believe their games are solid for the most part. I think if Sunset Overdrive does not do good numbers(and it does not look like it will now)we won't be seeing a sequel...

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:

Well if this turns out to be true then I'm definitely selling my Xbone , if every Xbox exclusive just ends up on PC then I really only need a gaming PC and PS4 this gen. That's IF this is true though.

This is the reason I havent purchased Xbox One.

I doubt about Forza, but sunset overdrive is the second time it leaks for PC and it is an ip that doesn't belong to MS... You know what happens to those ips : )

NobleTeam360 said:
Mystro-Sama said:

Yes, but wouldn't that logic apply to every other console manufacturer? Since they can just make money off each copy sold as well? The point is when a game is strictly exclusive to a platform it gives you a leg up on the competition and boosts hardware sales.

Well if the game ends up selling poorly on that single platform then from MS's perspective it makes sense to port it over to PC where it could potentially gain more sales and thus more money. I don't agree with this strategy though since all it does is tell people who bought it for Xbox is that if a sequel or something  happens it'll com to PC if you wait 6 or so months. 

More money for Insomniac games not Microsoft. Microsoft dont own the IP. So Steam and Insomniac games will be only benificiary.

Ka-pi96 said:
daredevil.shark said:

More money for Insomniac games not Microsoft. Microsoft dont own the IP. So Steam and Insomniac games will be only benificiary.

What if.... it releases exclusively on GFWL...

Its already dead.

Sunset Overdrive will come on PC, there is no doubt about that, but FH2 ? Would be an awful mistake if Ms really do that

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m