By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sunset Overdrive and Forza Horizon 2 coming to PC?

Captain_Tom said:
Why in the world would anyone doubt that an Xbox "Exclusive" from a third party would come to PC. Of course it will.

Bookmared and taken to calendar to remind me in a year to pull out this comment if you were right.

Around the Network

I guess exclusive-exclusives are no longer exclusive-exclusive either.

Keep an eye out for exclusive exclusive-exclusives

Burek said:
Ka-pi96 said:
NobleTeam360 said:

So they would make money on Forza Horizon 2 then. 

Probably Sunset Overdrive as well, since they are the publisher.

They are publishing it on XOne only. Nothing is stopping Insomniac to take the game directly to Steam or Origin (or even PS4) without Microsoft's interference.

Not saying that they will. Honestly, I believe Insomniac would profit the most by porting it to WiiU.

How do you know? Have you seen the contract between MS and Insomniac or something?

NobleTeam360 said:

How do you know? Have you seen the contract between MS and Insomniac or something?

I know because I can read:

“Wasn’t about money, was about our controlling and owning the IP, and their belief and desire to execute our vision with us.”

This means Insomniac Games still has full control over what to do with Sunset Overdrive and any future iterations and downloadable content. Another Insomniac employee stated that retaining control of their own creations after pouring so much into them is one of the studio’s “biggest desires,” and is likely exactly what Microsoft pitched to them to get them to create an Xbox One exclusive.

http://gamerant.com/insomniac-games-why-sunset-overdrive-xbox-one-exclusive/

Ka-pi96 said:
Burek said:

“Wasn’t about money, was about our controlling and owning the IP, and their belief and desire to execute our vision with us.”

This means Insomniac Games still has full control over what to do with Sunset Overdrive and any future iterations and downloadable content. Another Insomniac employee stated that retaining control of their own creations after pouring so much into them is one of the studio’s “biggest desires,” and is likely exactly what Microsoft pitched to them to get them to create an Xbox One exclusive.

Yeah... controlling and owning the IP, not neccesarily the individual game.

Look at Bayonetta 2. Sega own the IP and can do whatever they want with that. But Nintendo own the exclusive rights to the game, so it can't go elsewhere. May well be a similar situation with Sunset Overdrive. Even if it isn't there would almost certainly be a clause in the contract that guarantees it's exclusivity for a minimum period of time.

Well, assume whatever you feel like, but as I read "full control over what to do with Sunset Overdrive and any future iterations" it certainly seems that they are talking about this game as well.

Ultimately, I don't really care, because I dislike the game and really have no interest in it coming to anything.

Around the Network

Release date is the same as Xbox One date, considering they are already out probably a mistake.

Burek said:
NobleTeam360 said:

That doesn't look like a contract to me , unless you read the contract you don't know what Inomniac can or can't do

NobleTeam360 said:
Burek said:
NobleTeam360 said:

That doesn't look like a contract to me , unless you read the contract you don't know what Inomniac can or can't do

You know what --- Neither do you. So don't go around preaching your wishful thinking. Unless you paste the contract here, we can all comment on what Insomniac themselves claim that they can do with it...instead of what a few petty forum dwellers hope for.

Burek said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Burek said:
NobleTeam360 said:

You know what --- Neither do you. So don't go around preaching your wishful thinking. Unless you paste the contract here, we can all comment on what Insomniac themselves claim that they can do with it...instead of what a few petty forum dwellers hope for.

I never said I knew what Insomniac could or couldn't do with the game

I wouldn't be surprised if Sunset went to PC but I doubt Forza ever will.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54