By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - At 60 hour mark, Sonic Boom finally gets official scores on Metacritic.....nothing good....


NiKKoM said:
Can't we forget about this game already and start hyping up the next Sonic game?

 

Did'nt people say that after Sonic Lost World?



Around the Network
TheLegendaryWolf said:

NiKKoM said:
Can't we forget about this game already and start hyping up the next Sonic game?

 

Did'nt people say that after Sonic Lost World?

Yes, and Generations, and 4, and Unleashed, and...



spurgeonryan said:
AZWification said:

Wow.. The Metascore will actually be even lower than I thought.


The real sites will save it. Ign, gamespot, Eurogamer, etc

ahahahahahahahahaha

4.3

2.0

4.0



Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile


AZWification said:

Wow.. The Metascore will actually be even lower than I thought.


But look at the bright side! Knack's days of loneliness are no more!



Kyuu said:
AZWification said:

Wow.. The Metascore will actually be even lower than I thought.


But look at the bright side! Knack's days of loneliness are no more!

Knack has had Ryse to accompany it all this time, what you on about?



Around the Network
wildmorgan said:
Kyuu said:
AZWification said:

Wow.. The Metascore will actually be even lower than I thought.


But look at the bright side! Knack's days of loneliness are no more!

Knack has had Ryse to accompany it all this time, what you on about?

different genres.



I used to love Sega. But their insistence on reinventing their company as a shit churning machine annoys the hell out of me. Why don't they bring back their old franchises like Panzer Dragoon and Shenmue? There was a time when they had real, unequaled talent. To ignore such fantastic IPs they must be stark raving bonkers. Idiots.



Can we just stop hyping Sonic games from now on? At their absolute best, on every rare occassion, we might get one "good" game. Just "good", not even great. IE, Sonic Colors/Generations.

That level of consistency makes the Sonic franchise pretty garbage as a whole. It's only select games, cartoons and maybe the character that are even worth talking about anymore. So when the next "big" Sonic game gets announced, even the fans should know by now not to have a shred of expectations for it.



Experimental42 said:
Sonic should take a break from 3D for a little while and do 2D properly.

I've put a lot of thought into this and I myself am so convinced that I can design a good series of Sonic games, that I was trying to look into organizing a fanmade game similar to Megaman X Street Fighter. 2D, hand drawn sprites, remixed classic themes, limited story, Sonic 3 and Knuckles physics, a heavy emphasis on speed and timing, and a simple but effective combat system. Remove virtually everything from the 3D era. No more homing attack, no more hot and cold games, no more chao, and especially no humans other than Eggman.

That makes me think - perhaps Sega needs to do a deal with Ubisoft whereby they get to use the UbiArt Framework engine, and perhaps even get Michel Ancel and his team on board for the project (in the role of the art direction, and possibly "storyline", since Rayman Legends had such an effective, minimalist storyline)... and also get Yuji Naka on the team. Have them work together on a Classic Sonic revival, that doesn't try to partner it with Modern Sonic (a la Sonic Generations), but seeks to re-establish Classic Sonic.

Then, cut back on the obsession with speed (think back on the design of the stages - they had elements that played off the speed, but most zones were constructed so that there was a lot more to find if you went slowly, and quite a few were even designed so that you couldn't go fast, like the water-based zones). Sonic doesn't need to be fast all the time, and the neatest way to make it work is to simply give him the option of speed where appropriate.



Aielyn said:

That makes me think - perhaps Sega needs to do a deal with Ubisoft whereby they get to use the UbiArt Framework engine, and perhaps even get Michel Ancel and his team on board for the project (in the role of the art direction, and possibly "storyline", since Rayman Legends had such an effective, minimalist storyline)... and also get Yuji Naka on the team. Have them work together on a Classic Sonic revival, that doesn't try to partner it with Modern Sonic (a la Sonic Generations), but seeks to re-establish Classic Sonic.

Then, cut back on the obsession with speed (think back on the design of the stages - they had elements that played off the speed, but most zones were constructed so that there was a lot more to find if you went slowly, and quite a few were even designed so that you couldn't go fast, like the water-based zones). Sonic doesn't need to be fast all the time, and the neatest way to make it work is to simply give him the option of speed where appropriate.

I've already written in several places that Rayman Legends was a better Sonic game than any Sonic game that Sonic has been in lately. I was looking into UbiArt Framework and even signed that petition to make it open source.

In all honesty, I think I could make a better Sonic game than SEGA at this point, and have been putting in a lot of legwork into making a GDD and finding capable digital artists and programmers to make something  to run by SEGA. Street Fighter X Megaman was a fan project that got the support of Capcom, the Satan of the Japanese developers, so it's not unheard of. I think Sonic is an easy way to make money and a name for yourself, and with crowdfunding and social media I'd love to be able to force my way in. A man needs dreams.

I was thinking the smartest way to do speed sections is to pull from Rayman Legends chase stages, with Character Action Game elements mixed into the platforming like Guacamelee! STCE. Mixing combat with platforming techniques was pure genius. It adds a deeper level of interaction to chase scenes, as Rayman's only had jump and kick to work with. Setting and "story" would cover Robotnik's invasion and Sonic's first encounter with Knuckles.

 

Also, Yuji Naka never wants to work on his old projects.