By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Interstellar.... OMG. go watch the movie NOW. *SPOILERS INSIDE*

OMG.. why the f was this move so long?

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:
OMG.. why the f was this move so long?

A lot happened in the movie. I'm glad they didn't cut corners

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

For all the science/physics buff out there, I've been meaning to post this blog but for some reason it was taken off for a while. It appeared again today, and it attempts to explain all the scientific concepts used with real mathematical equations. Check it out!

http://ikjyotsinghkohli24.wordpress.com/2014/11/07/on-the-science-of-interstellar/

I saw Interstellar on the weekend, man it sucked. So many plot holes, physics fails and scenes and story that was excessively dragged out. Reminded me of Gravity (but not 'quite' as bad). It seems they took multiple movie plots and slammed them together without much thought to how it would work.

Just saw it, in IMAX for the best experience, this movie is a pure master piece.

The songs, the acting , everything is so excellent in this movie.

I litteraly cried when he was watching the videos sent after 20 years, with that beautiful music behind and that incredible acting ( this guy is so talented).

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network

Took a while to start up but once it did it was great

I think it's one of the better mainstream big budget Hollywood films of the last 10 years.

Yes you can nit pick the details to death, but at least it attempts to go to places that most mainstream movies wouldn't even dare to.

It has the opposite problem of Gravity ... there's not enough "movie" in Gravity to fill a 2 hour run time. Interstellar has too much "movie" in it, it could easily be two films, maybe even three. 

I'd much rather watch this than drek like Transformers or even the 10,000th superhero film (like seriously I like superheroes, but how about something different now and again?) or even Avatar (Pocahontas redux).

luvtospooge said:
For all the science/physics buff out there, I've been meaning to post this blog but for some reason it was taken off for a while. It appeared again today, and it attempts to explain all the scientific concepts used with real mathematical equations. Check it out!

http://ikjyotsinghkohli24.wordpress.com/2014/11/07/on-the-science-of-interstellar/

Cool. It's actually a lot more plausible than I thought. I was looking up the gravitational time dilation formulas and thinking that's way to extreme, yet noticed they all mention they're for stationary objects. A rotating black hole sounds very plausible.

One more thing though, doesn't it still take an astronomical effort to get out of that gravitational zone? Good read. Loved the movie in IMAX regardless. It might be sci-Fiction yet it's the combination with the ancient 70mm film format that made it special for me.

nanarchy said:
I saw Interstellar on the weekend, man it sucked. So many plot holes, physics fails and scenes and story that was excessively dragged out. Reminded me of Gravity (but not 'quite' as bad). It seems they took multiple movie plots and slammed them together without much thought to how it would work.

Like what?

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Aerys said:
Just saw it, in IMAX for the best experience, this movie is a pure master piece.

The songs, the acting , everything is so excellent in this movie.

I litteraly cried when he was watching the videos sent after 20 years, with that beautiful music behind and that incredible acting ( this guy is so talented).

Yeah I came close to tears too at that point. Matthew McConaughey is the man!

The One and Only

VizionEck.com