By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Interstellar.... OMG. go watch the movie NOW. *SPOILERS INSIDE*

Good to hear, based on the previews it looked pretty good. Glad to hear another persons thoughts on the movies..

Around the Network
Ninsect said:
Aerys said:
Just saw it, in IMAX for the best experience, this movie is a pure master piece.

The songs, the acting , everything is so excellent in this movie.

I litteraly cried when he was watching the videos sent after 20 years, with that beautiful music behind and that incredible acting ( this guy is so talented).

Yeah I came close to tears too at that point. Matthew McConaughey is the man!

He makes the movie so immersive ( and the little actress was really good too ) , i loved him in True Detective and Killer Joe, but after that last movie, i really want to meet the man !

And this song at the end , a mix of hapiness and sadness , really strong moment : https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=q_7wNeA_Rrg#t=231

It's so amazing i want to see it a second time, maybe even a third time,  before it disappears from theaters

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Ninsect said:
nanarchy said:
I saw Interstellar on the weekend, man it sucked. So many plot holes, physics fails and scenes and story that was excessively dragged out. Reminded me of Gravity (but not 'quite' as bad). It seems they took multiple movie plots and slammed them together without much thought to how it would work.

Like what?

Not going to go into them all, but some of the obvious fails and plot holes.

a planet with waves of that height would have such massive tidal forces at play that it would tear the planet apart.

When working out which planet to visit first they don't bother to include the 7 years in their calculation as time to visit the planet and decide it is the closest, it is actually the furthest away scientifically and the most expensive to visit and hence would have been done last.

The total retard moment of her on the planet trying to retrieve data which is obviously useless as the planet has damn giant waves on it. cliche moment which reminded me of the moron scientists in prometheus.

If there was a blight on earth wiping out crops space would not be the option humans would be spending their time on, We can already create domes with sealed environments on earth for food production. You could easily and more economically produce sealed environments many times the size of any space station that could be created.

Why the hell was mann trying to kill them and steal the ship. Once at the planet all he had to do was say, oops I lied, now they have to go to the next planet with him, completely idiotic story line.

how could they possibly even approach the event horizon of a black hole, they would have been completely crushed by the gravitational forces long before getting even close let alone try to cross the event horizon and send signals out.

Whether it was humans in the future or aliens the concept that they were smart enough to create 5 dimensional representation of space yet still needed to bring him there to talk to his daughter in the past was just dumb.

nanarchy said:
Ninsect said:
nanarchy said:
I saw Interstellar on the weekend, man it sucked. So many plot holes, physics fails and scenes and story that was excessively dragged out. Reminded me of Gravity (but not 'quite' as bad). It seems they took multiple movie plots and slammed them together without much thought to how it would work.

Like what?

Why the hell was mann trying to kill them and steal the ship. Once at the planet all he had to do was say, oops I lied, now they have to go to the next planet with him, completely idiotic story line.

I will only answer to this, the story line is not idiotic, it's just you didnt understand.

Mann tried to kill him because he wanted to go back to earth, Mann couldnt let him do that, so he had to kill him to be in charge and visit the other planet instead of going back to earth.

Aerys said:
nanarchy said:
Ninsect said:
nanarchy said:

Like what?

I will only answer to this, the story line is not idiotic, it's just you didnt understand.

Mann tried to kill him because he wanted to go back to earth, Mann couldnt let him do that, so he had to kill him to be in charge and visit the other planet instead of going back to earth.

He was only going back to earth because they had supposedly found a viable planet and hence he was supposedly no longer required. They would have been forced to visit the other planet merely by him having said, oops I lied.

Around the Network
nanarchy said:
Aerys said:
nanarchy said:
Ninsect said:
nanarchy said:

Like what?

He was only going back to earth because they had supposedly found a viable planet and hence he was supposedly no longer required. They would have been forced to visit the other planet merely by him having said, oops I lied.

No, you didnt follow the story, he wouldnt have visited the other planet because he was mad against the old man who sent him on this mission with a lie and decided the generation of his daughter was doomed, so he was going back to earth to see his daughter no matter what, he didnt give a shit about the mission anymore after he discovered that,  Maan knew that, he couldnt take that risk.

Aerys said:
nanarchy said:
Aerys said:
nanarchy said:
Ninsect said:
nanarchy said:

Like what?

No, you didnt follow the story, he wouldnt have visited the other planet because he was mad against the old man who sent him on this mission with a lie and decided the generation of his daughter was doomed, so he was going back to earth to see his daughter no matter what, he didnt give a shit about the mission anymore after he discovered that,  Maan knew that, he couldnt take that risk.

That still doesn't make any sense, he was not in command, There were 3 others that all would have stopped him taking the ship back to earth. mad or not one person doesn't get to control everyone, it is just a silly approach to the story that because he was scared one person might say no he tries to kill them all. the 3 of them plus the robot would have easily been able to overrule him wanting to take the ship back.

Ninsect said:
Chris Hu said:
Well as long as Matthew McConaughey gets another best actor Oscar nomination out of this I will be happy. Once more people have seen it and re watched it I'm thinking it will settle below a 8.5/10 on imdb its currently at 9.0/10.

No chance of that. 9.0 with ~200k ratings already. It will go down to 8.7 at worst.

It will go down below 8.5 eventually it just going to take longer since it already has a lot of votes.

nanarchy said:
Aerys said:
nanarchy said:
Aerys said:
nanarchy said:
Ninsect said:
nanarchy said:

Like what?

That still doesn't make any sense, he was not in command, There were 3 others that all would have stopped him taking the ship back to earth. mad or not one person doesn't get to control everyone, it is just a silly approach to the story that because he was scared one person might say no he tries to kill them all. the 3 of them plus the robot would have easily been able to overrule him wanting to take the ship back.

No, he is the leader and the girl was ok to take the ship back to earth when she learnt the truth, she was also disgusted too.

Munkeh111 said:
To me, it felt like Kojima had done it

The first half was poorly cut, with every scene taking twice as long as it needed to

Then the second half was better, though in a less Kojima way, it simply relied on all the characters making absurdly stupid decisions to keep the plot going

Then the ending.... As someone who studied physics at University, it was almost insulting to put that nonsense in there

While the physics were mostly good (I have issues with the shuttle craft), the way it kept that high level and then let itself down was really disappointing.

But it was REALLY PRETTY! I watched it at the BFI IMAX which is the largest screen in Britain and those IMAX shots were truly stunning. Shame the plot wasn't

I think the ending was attempting to bring in some spiritual/religious aspects, like having future humans play a godlike role in saving Cooper and putting him in the position to help his daughter save the earth.

It wasn't meant for the final part of the film to fit within our current knowledge of physics, because like anything involving godlike beings, our physics doesn't apply.

Just replace Future Humans with Gods (or just say a bunch of wizards did it) and the story makes much more sense