By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction: BRB will blame WiiU hardware about Sonic Boom

Just wait and see. When the reviews starts coming out, the developers will respond saying that the problem is the hardware, that cryengine don't support it rigth, etc, etc. Wait and see.

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

Around the Network

What is BRB, and why wouldn't Sega get blamed instead? Cause you know, Sega has maybe 3-4 successful sonics in the past decade.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
What is BRB, and why wouldn't Sega get blamed instead? Cause you know, Sega has maybe 3-4 successful sonics in the past decade.

BRB is the developer that everyone had faith in when they were first announced to be making a new sonic game. 

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Big Red Button

Oh...I agree with OP then.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network

"It's the hardware's fault that we couldn't make a platformer as competent as Super Mario 3D World, New Super Mario Bros. U, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Rayman Legends, or even the last Sonic game."

Sonic Boom was doomed from the start and Sega knew that. I don't know why they have 1 or 2 good sonic games and then they proceed to make crap. Call it "experimenting" or whatever you want but Sonic has no more room for experiments. Ever since Naka left, Sonic was never the same. I actually respected Eggman as a villain for Sonic 1 and 2. Now he's having sleepovers at Sonic's house and stuff. What a shame. At least Bowser hasn't stooped that low to have sleepovers at Mario's. And don't bring up Mario Kart or Mario Party because bowser still intends to be evil in those games as well. SMRPG is the only game where Bowser wasn't that much of an enemy.

Hopefully they won't. Otherwise it'll be a pile of bs.

CaviarMeths said:
"It's the hardware's fault that we couldn't make a platformer as competent as Super Mario 3D World, New Super Mario Bros. U, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Rayman Legends, or even the last Sonic game."

This.

Everyone heard the words "Naughty Dog devs" and got a boner. I honestly can't remember what it feels like to play a good Sonic game.