By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ubisoft Stock Gets Crushed after Abysmal Assassin's Creed Unity Launch

Scoobes said:
I doubt they're that worried at this point. The game will still sell loads and make money plus they have other titles that'll give decent revenue. Their share price at the start of the year was much lower anyway.

If that is the mindset they have then I truly feel bad for them. After watchdogs and now this, they are building a reputation for themselves with gamers that wil affect sales of every game the make going forward. Besdies, if AC4 sold a total of 8M copies, and then unity goes on to sell only 3M copies, even if they make a profit I doubt they will be very happy about that.

As for the game reviews, I think that its even as high as 76 on meta right now (thought that wil drop as more reviews come in) just goes to show how stupid the review system is in gaming these days. The only review(s) that I appreciated were the joystiq review which gave it a 5/10 and polygon (can't believe I said that) which i think gave it a 6/10. All those people giving it a 7 and above while still complaining (when at all they do) how the framerate issues and bugs make the game almost unplayable and disorientating baffles me. They should have the guts to score the game lower. 

Around the Network

How sad.. I was interested in this game.....

mM

And u know what will happen. Ps4 owner will boycott the game and Ubi will cancel all mature games on it saying they don't want that kind of game and will sell only shovelware like Dance

They deserve it. Graphical parity is stupid. Make each version the best it can be on its console. The PS4 version has suffered because of this.

BMaker11 said:
I didn't know 75 was "critically panned". I thought that was "mixed to positive" reception

As Experimental pointed out, 75 is pretty much the new 4.8/10 now and 80 is the new 5/10. Thats because reviewers these days seem to hype and overscore everything. There are a lot of crap/clones/boring/broken or a combination of all four games that score around 6 or 7. No one ever seem to be giving out 2's or 3's anymore.

ijustlikegames:) said:
They deserve it. Graphical parity is stupid. Make each version the best it can be on its console. The PS4 version has suffered because of this.

Parity has nothing to do with this game. Its obvious now that "parity" and all the "cpu bound" talk ubisoft was throwing around was all a premptive excuse for how poorly they obviously saw the game running. The couldn't even get it to run right on the XB1 which was the lead platform.

Around the Network
BMaker11 said:
I didn't know 75 was "critically panned". I thought that was "mixed to positive" reception

I don't think the stock dropped because of metacritic, which is just fine.

It dropped due to bad word of mouth and neverending gifs ridiculing the numerous bugs, glitches and an overall poor image the game presents...

Well deserved ( except for Far Cry 4, this one is the only good thing they made this year )

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

damn, i picked up the game yesterday and haven't played it, but the stuff I've been seeing on the internet...I looks like BF4 all over again.

Ac iv was great

mM

I stopped reading after "critically panned Destiny". Does the author know what words mean?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.