By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - US pre-orders for week ending nov. 8th

AZWification said:
Bofferbrauer said:
AZWification said:

Smash WiiU will most likely end with more pre-orders than MK8, which is kinda nice I guess.

According to an interview Reggie Fils-Aime had on Bloomberg, Smash Bros already has surpassed MK8 preorders. Thus I call Smash Bros preorders undertracked

Right, I forgot about that! Then again, the pre-order charts are never 100% accurate.

did he specifiacally say the US or worldwide or could he have been talking about any old region?

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
AZWification said:

Right, I forgot about that! Then again, the pre-order charts are never 100% accurate.

did he specifiacally say the US or worldwide or could he have been talking about any old region?

He did not specify, but I have a feeling that he was talking about worldwide pre-orders!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:
Kerotan said:
AZWification said:

He did not specify, but I have a feeling that he was talking about worldwide pre-orders

Naturally you would have that feeling but unless he specifically said WW don't it with a pinch of salt. Is he head of just Nintendo America? If so I'd imagine he meant there. 

Kerotan said:
AZWification said:

He did not specify, but I have a feeling that he was talking about worldwide pre-orders

Naturally you would have that feeling but unless he specifically said WW don't it with a pinch of salt. Is he head of just Nintendo America? If so I'd imagine he meant there. 

Yeah.. Reggie is just the head of NoA.. Honestly though, I wouldn't be surprised if Smash WiiU pre-orders would be higher worldwide than MK8!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

tbone51 said:
Ok i kno not totrust these but....

LBP? Isnt this a huge million seller? I mean 4-5mil right? even on vita its close to a million.

and FC4? i know its not AC but isnt this suppose to be another 3-4million seller game?

No, in reality bundles make up the vast majority of LBP's sales. 

Around the Network
AZWification said:
Kerotan said:
AZWification said:

Yeah.. Reggie is just the head of NoA.. Honestly though, I wouldn't be surprised if Smash WiiU pre-orders would be higher worldwide than MK8!

i would for the single fact that historically MK8 has been bigger. But maybe releasing this time of the year has helped cus the hype for this seems a lot lower than MK8 plus the 3DS got its version. 

NobleTeam360 said:
tbone51 said:

LBP? Isnt this a huge million seller? I mean 4-5mil right? even on vita its close to a million.

and FC4? i know its not AC but isnt this suppose to be another 3-4million seller game?

Proof?

Teeqoz said:
NobleTeam360 said:
tbone51 said:

Proof?

Oh sorry forgot to put imo, everytime a LBP comes out it's always bundled. Of course I can't tell you the share of sales of LBP that come from bundles or actual purchases . I expect Little Big Planet 3 to be the same (Heavy bundling).

Kerotan said:
tbone51 said:

@Teeqoz as well.

Damn those are some amazing legs, definitely up there with MK/SSB/GTA of last gen. Over 10-20x sold lifetime than week 1!

uncharted 1 had the greatest legs of all time. 80l launch week in like the last week of xmas and the game goes onto sell millions. That game sold on word of mouth alone. Incredible legs.

If you don't count Minecraft, lulz

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Ninsect said:
tbo

@Teeqoz as well.

Damn those are some amazing legs, definitely up there with MK/SSB/GTA of last gen. Over 10-20x sold lifetime than week 1!

Indeed. I expect the same with LBP3. Maybe 300-400k WW FW but 3m+ sold lifetime, assuming it's at least a very good game like the other 2

I don't think first week will be that high, the families haven't started to buy in to this gen, I don't think, so I'm thinking sub 300k opening for LBP3, unless the bundle does really well, which it might. 

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix