By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii U 10 Million by 1 Jan 2015?

Will Wii U make 10M by 1 Jan 2015

Yes 168 45.90%

No 197 53.83%

Total:365

9-9.5M IMO.

Smash boost will be less than MK8 and will come too late in the year. The holidays will give it a nice boost but not enough. If it doesn't break 10M heading into year 3 or is it 4? It's a sad state of affairs. Next year I expect the Wii U to drop a little but the 3DS to drop by a good amount.

Around the Network
COLD_COBRA_ said:
Wii u fans on here claim it will do 4 million in december, so by their logic yes.

There are roughly 7 billion people on the planet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

“The launch of Mario Kart 8 has essentially doubled our Wii U sales year-on-year. Presales for Smash are stronger than the presales for Kart. So our expectation is that the sell-through for Smash is going to be very strong, certainly on par with what we saw with Mario Kart 8. We think the impact on hardware will be similarly dramatic.”

http://nintendoeverything.com/reggie-says-smash-bros-wii-u-pre-orders-are-higher-than-mario-kart-8/

This surely helps

months ago id say definite yes, but right now? id say no way

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

impossibru
well holiday + smash tho

Around the Network

Possible, but highly unlikely (Maybe Sonic Boom will be good :P). Still, I think it'll do well this holiday. Smash will be a big system seller and there are plenty of games now to justify buying one.

9.5 seems like a pretty safe bet, so yeah, I think it can do 10. If it misses it, it'll only be by a little.

Less than 9 seems pretty unreasonably pessimistic. That's suggesting that it would do worse than last year.

9.9 million maybe

Anything is possible but prediction.
It will have a good Christmas bump. It will have a nice Smash bump. These two together can make a good results. But nothing can be said for sure, its Nintendo... Their ninja behavior is unpredictable two last gens.

2mill so far this year (if not overtracked) plus an other 2mill for the rest of the year and 200k for smash, 9.5 is where am seeing it at

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.