By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii U 10 Million by 1 Jan 2015?

Will Wii U make 10M by 1 Jan 2015

Yes 168 45.90%

No 197 53.83%

Total:365

Probably not.
I guess around 9.5 million should be possible.

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

Around the Network

Looking at their commercials right now it seems they are, once again, targeting the family market ... with a 299USD (sigh) pricetag just like last year, and that market obviously didn't bite then. I do hope they reach 10mill by dec 30, though.

I said yes because I believe in Smash and amiibos. Also because I luv Nintendo and I'm naive.

No for 3 reasons.

1. There are only 3 real games being released for the rest of the year. Watch Dogs which has been out for months and is cheaper elsewhere and adds nothing new, Captain Toad which will not move hardware and Smash which is already out on a handheld for cheaper but will be the only hardware mover this holiday season for Nintendo

2. Lack of good BF deals for the Wii U. I have not seen any ads so far that are even remotely a good deal. One had the Wii U bundle with Smash and another $20-30 game for $359 which basically means buying Smash and the console nets you a free $20-30 game, hardly worth getting out of bed for.

3. Increased competition from Sony and MS, MS especially has killer deals already and great deals for BF, and with both consoles getting some big games, it would take a major pricecut by Nintendo to be even remotely competitive this holiday season.

Even with Smash, I highly doubt it.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

Not trying to offend anyone here, but from what I've seen, Nintendo fans are sickenly optismistic about these things, it's just wrong. The Wii U would be considered lucky if it surpassed 9 million by years end, 10M is just an impossibility, and most likely the Wii U won't even reach 12M by 2015's end, it's getting pretty bad for Nintendo, hopefully they won't be as dumb the next console generation, if there is one.

I'm now filled with determination.

Real small possibility but I don't see it happening, thinking more 9m

thatguymarco said:
Not trying to offend anyone here, but from what I've seen, Nintendo fans are sickenly optismistic about these things, it's just wrong. The Wii U would be considered lucky if it surpassed 9 million by years end, 10M is just an impossibility, and most likely the Wii U won't even reach 12M by 2015's end, it's getting pretty bad for Nintendo, hopefully they won't be as dumb the next console generation, if there is one.

Which is completely wrong.

You are telling me that the Wii U will sell 3 million units in whole 2015? And that's even the maximum you are giving it.

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

RealGamingExpert said:
thatguymarco said:

Which is completely wrong.

You are telling me that the Wii U will sell 3 million units in whole 2015? And that's even the maximum you are giving it.

Just Ignore him

He is just another one of Michael Pacthers elite squad of Nintendo haters calling "Nintendo DOOOOOOOM" next year and saying that they will go bankrupt since 1996

I think it will fall a bit short of 10M...