By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii U 10 Million by 1 Jan 2015?

Will Wii U make 10M by 1 Jan 2015

Yes 168 45.90%

No 197 53.83%

Total:365
MegaManX said:

No for 3 reasons.

1. ...

2. Lack of good BF deals for the Wii U. I have not seen any ads so far that are even remotely a good deal. One had the Wii U bundle with Smash and another $20-30 game for $359 which basically means buying Smash and the console nets you a free $20-30 game, hardly worth getting out of bed for.

3. ...

You have to check again because that bundle includes  3games (3D World, Donkey Kond Tropical Freeze and Smash). None of those are 20-30$. Also hardly worth getting out of bed for 3 of the best exclusives this gen? You´re a smart gamer

Around the Network
Ninten78 said:
Seece said:
Definitely possible but ..

I reckon 7m end of September, 7.2m end of October, 500k in Nov NPD, so 400k in Europe, 100k elsewhere, Japan is anyones guess with Smash. 650k in Dec NPD, 550k in Europe, 150k elsewhere, Japan, again anyones guess.

7.2m + 2.35m + Japan Nov and Dec. 9.55m + Japan. So yeah I would bet it can make 10m.

One thing I notice is that you're not biased toward anyone,refreshing :P

How do you know he isnt teasing? ;)

Anyways, i think the europe prediction might be a bit optimistic. I expect the PS4 to sweep all competition here. We shall see. Definitly would like to see it though.

I wish, but I dont think so.

At best will fall short by about 900k.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

It could, but it depends on Amiibos (maybe). Last year it sold about 1.2 million in December, and its last big game was 3D World in November 21st. This year we have Smash + Amiibos in November, and CT (I know. It won't push sales, but a new release can bring a boost, k?) in December.

Just with Smash, I'd say it will reach 9 million easily, but it also has Amiibos and CT. So it has a chance... Just that nobody can be sure about it.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

mofili said:
MegaManX said:

No for 3 reasons.

1. ...

2. Lack of good BF deals for the Wii U. I have not seen any ads so far that are even remotely a good deal. One had the Wii U bundle with Smash and another $20-30 game for $359 which basically means buying Smash and the console nets you a free $20-30 game, hardly worth getting out of bed for.

3. ...

You have to check again because that bundle includes  3games (3D World, Donkey Kond Tropical Freeze and Smash). None of those are 20-30$. Also hardly worth getting out of bed for 3 of the best exclusives this gen? You´re a smart gamer

The MK 8 bundle and the Mario 3D bundles are both $299 regularly, Smash is 59 normally and so you are not getting a deal on either the console bundle or smash, so all you are getting is a free game that came out in February, if you think that's an amazing deal worth waiting on line in the cold for 10 hours than be my guest you smart gamer you.

And the whole point of BF is to get deals if you didn't know, otherwise people could just go out whenever for these "best exclusives" and not endure the crowds, parking, lines, waiting, and weather.  

Around the Network
mofili said:

What does that bundle cost?

KLXVER said:
mofili said:

What does that bundle cost?

$359.97  there is no savings on the console bundle or Smash, all you get is DK TF for free.  You can get a Assassin's Creed bundle Xbox One with AC 4 and Unity for $329.99 plus a $50 giftcard at Target, much better deal.  

9 million is a realistic goal though!
Question is will it still be in front of Xbone on Jan 1st?

Seece said:
Definitely possible but ..

I reckon 7m end of September, 7.2m end of October, 500k in Nov NPD, so 400k in Europe, 100k elsewhere, Japan is anyones guess with Smash. 650k in Dec NPD, 550k in Europe, 150k elsewhere, Japan, again anyones guess.

7.2m + 2.35m + Japan Nov and Dec. 9.55m + Japan. So yeah I would bet it can make 10m.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I find it surprising that most people in this thread think that the possibility of wiiU reaching 10m by the end of this year is like part of dreamland or something.

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

thatguymarco said:
Not trying to offend anyone here, but from what I've seen, Nintendo fans are sickenly optismistic about these things, it's just wrong. The Wii U would be considered lucky if it surpassed 9 million by years end, 10M is just an impossibility, and most likely the Wii U won't even reach 12M by 2015's end, it's getting pretty bad for Nintendo, hopefully they won't be as dumb the next console generation, if there is one.

You're the only one "sickenly" pessimistic here.

Quick question for you, do you know how much wiiU sold last year in November in December? If it's a no, then I'd suggest to do a bit of research and reconsider what you just said. 

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M