By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware/Software Up - 1 November 2014

Isn't Call of Duty releasing the week after this one?

I'd guess people will just wait for that to drop before buying their new console, also I believe that price drop for the XB1 hurt it as well.

PS4 undertracked as always.

Around the Network

Very close to my prediction for the week.

Kerotan said:
PS3 > Wii U

Perhaps the US needs more children XD

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

US data up on the front page.

Sunset only 138K. With the white bundle. Just poor numbers, MS cannot be satisfied with that.
Worse than Driveclub, and a fraction of Infamous (a comparable exclusive released when PS4 had even lower install base).

It is true that it was just a niche game that would have sold much better on PS4, I think we can rule out a sequel, or at least an exclusive sequel.

Ka-pi96 said:

Not always, there are lots of businesses that are happy to just stay where they are.

So what if Sony sell 40 million more consoles than them, that doesn't really mean much. Let's say hypothetically the PS4 sells 200m consoles and the Xbox One is 40m less. That would be exceptional, sure they would probably like to be 1st, but being 2nd with 140m sales is better than being 1st with only 20m sales isn't it?

I dont think a company like microsoft settles for second best.

And that's a 40million difference of people buying third party software and online subscriptions for other devices that they could use to invest back into the xbox brand.

And if some of those are dual-owners, we can presume the majority of them would buy multiplats on PS4 over xbox one.

So no, microsoft aren't happy with second best.

Around the Network

Wow... freedom wars really didnt do so bad. Is that the highest selling hunting game after monster hunter?

LOL at the mod that locked my thread:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193121

New Prediction League: How Much The Consoles will Be Adjusted Down Next Week

Conegamer said:
Well this was a good week for the PS4, 3DS and Wii U.

Coney japan ;/!!!!!!!! :(

I just dont get it

I dont get it anymore.

Carl2291 said:
I just dont get it

I dont get it anymore.

A slow down could not happen?