By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware/Software Up - 1 November 2014

Ka-pi96 said:
t3mporary_126 said:
PS3 above Wii U. Did PS3 sale more than the Wii U in November and December last year?

Yes it did.

November 2013
PS3: 923k
Wii U: 465k

December 2013
PS3: 1.3m
Wii U: 1.1m

If this happens again this year, the Zelda team should really think of pulling a Twilight Princess release with Zelda U. It's the Wii U's 3rd holiday sale and it still can't sale more than a last gen console.

Around the Network
Xevross said:

PS4 didn't drop off, last week was adjusted down to about 227k

Lol. Two downwards adjustments now after the shipment numbers which clearly showed huge undertracking.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Wii U undertracked by about 70-80k. I wish VGChartz would stop undertracking it every single week. It's getting pretty ridiculous at this point. As far as I'm concerned, it's already broken the 10 million mark. I guess we will just have to wait for an official announcement until VGChartz fixes it.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

PS4 seems undertracked, unless there is a pretty incredible amount of consoles on shelves. If I had to guess at this point, I would say that if Sony announce figures for sold through at their event in December, this site will be undertracked by more than the 700k it was last time.

Mummelmann said:
Why the PS4 drop? It certainly can't be supply issues.

One doing pretty well, Wii U outsold by the PS3 like last year, 3DS holding nicely due to Japan. Nice debut for Sunset Overdrive all in all!

Tracking issues

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:

He also says 'but I can have success in our own space if we're selling a lot of consoles and people are buying games'

Do you think they are really content with selling alot in #2 place? Microsoft want to sell more consoles, as do sony and nintendo. 
And I dont think they'll be content with their sales pace picking up at the sameish rate as ps4 sales have picked up (again due to holidays and probably destiny bundle)

Also having sold more consoles (i.e. winning) is better cause it has the buyers effect. A friend of mine is more likely to buy the ps4 if I have it, vice versa the xbox one.

Right now on VGC... at the week ending Nov 1.

12,564,780 SOLD

ohmylanta1003 said:
Wii U undertracked by about 70-80k. I wish VGChartz would stop undertracking it every single week. It's getting pretty ridiculous at this point. As far as I'm concerned, it's already broken the 10 million mark. I guess we will just have to wait for an official announcement until VGChartz fixes it.

WiiU barely has anything on shelves when we compare VGC tracking to Nintendo shipments so no

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

CGI-Quality said:
DerNebel said:
Oh and Sunset Overdrive did about 138k first week in the US, take that as you will.

http://www.vgchartz.com/tools/game_comparison.php?reg=USA&ending=Weekly&game[]=Sunset+Overdrive+%28XOne%29+[73069]&game[]=&game[]=&game[]=

I'd take that as not bad for a new IP. Should reach 1 million and get and definitely get a sequel!

Not a bad result really, considering factors like Installed base, lack of hype and the reception past Imsomniac games got.

PS3 > Wii U