Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware/Software Up - 1 November 2014

PS4 didn't drop off, last week was adjusted down to about 227k

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
fireburn95 said:

Sunset overdrive will save the xbox one

:(

Repost from other thread, pls forgive me

Based on sales figures since September, I don't think the Xbox One even needs saving, it's doing fine. Certainly not a doomed console.

But you can imagine the big corporate heads at microsoft not too happy about a 6/7 million lead in console sales. More console sales equals more game sales first and third party for the console, which equals more money in the 'leaders' pocket, which also equals third party devs 'cuddling' up to the platform leader a bit more across the years.

So yes, while relatively to other console sales, it's not bad, it aint very much that good neither. (Especially as you have to consider sales will always pick up holiday season, so question is will it drop post christmas...)

Xevross said:

Unbelievable.

The PS5 Exists. 

Xevross said:

I still see 300K on the front page...

Xevross said:

Hopefully Sony will announce numbers again at the PlayStation Experience event.

Around the Network

According to this sites data there have been almost 2 million PS4s on shelves at the end of September...why is the PS4 being adjusted down here?

PS3 above Wii U. Did PS3 sale more than the Wii U in November and December last year?

XB1 numbers steadily rising despite rumours of further price drops due, and even the possibility of a Slim model on the horizon. I though these might slow things down till they were implemented. . The price drop anyways.. . .I think most are probably aware a Slim model is some way off for now.

It should see a big spike for the Sunset launch week

GribbleGrunger said:
Xevross said:

Unbelievable.

You've got that right. The adjustment never made any sense. Especially when it was never adjusted up fully from the 10 million announcement. It'd be fine if there was some explanation given, but it still didn't make sense.

Xevross said:

Yeah.... I think we should just wait for Sony's sold-through figures during PS Experience.