By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware/Software Up - 1 November 2014

Burek said:
Xevross said:

PS4 didn't drop off, last week was adjusted down to about 227k

I still see 300K on the front page...

Front page and charts always lag behind.

http://www.vgchartz.com/tools/hw_date.php

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Xevross said:

Global Hardware by Platform

PlatformWeekly (change)Total
PS4 301,449 (+20%) 12,405,876
3DS 223,460 (+2%) 45,728,570
XOne 138,810 (+18%) 6,224,626
WiiU 51,442 (+22%) 7,247,536
PS3 50,696 (+10%) 83,617,004
X360 37,776 (+13%) 83,391,639
PSV 26,782 (+18%) 9,009,244
Wii 9,860 (+23%) 100,835,944
Total840,275(+14%) 

Hasn't been reflected in the data yet, it would seem.

It's been adjusted here: http://www.vgchartz.com/tools/hw_date.php

Xbox One also adjusted down 20k

Ka-pi96 said:
fireburn95 said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Based on sales figures since September, I don't think the Xbox One even needs saving, it's doing fine. Certainly not a doomed console.

But you can imagine the big corporate heads at microsoft not too happy about a 6/7 million lead in console sales. More console sales equals more game sales first and third party for the console, which equals more money in the 'leaders' pocket, which also equals third party devs 'cuddling' up to the platform leader a bit more across the years.

So yes, while relatively to other console sales, it's not bad, it aint very much that good neither. (Especially as you have to consider sales will always pick up holiday season, so question is will it drop post christmas...)

I think they'd be smart enough to see they are doing decently and can still make some money themselves. Nobody is gonna catch PS4 this gen and they would be kind of foolish to try, should just focus on doing as well as possible with the Xbox One and making some must have exclusives. Then with all that done next gen should be alot better for them.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/08/12/i-want-to-win-this-generation-says-xbox-boss-phil-spencer.aspx

- A month before you said sales started picking up

The WiiU is still doing worse than the PS3.. :/

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Numbers look wrong all around.

Around the Network

Why the PS4 drop? It certainly can't be supply issues.

One doing pretty well, Wii U outsold by the PS3 like last year, 3DS holding nicely due to Japan. Nice debut for Sunset Overdrive all in all!

dat ps4 and ps3 undertracking

alrightiwill said:
GribbleGrunger said:
Xevross said:

Unbelievable.

You've got that right. The adjustment never made any sense. Especially when it was never adjusted up fully from the 10 million announcement. It'd be fine if there was some explanation given, but it still didn't make sense.

The argument was that they couldn't just adjust them up willy-nilly because they needed to figure out were those extra consoles where ... fast forward to now and it's suddenly fine to adjust down without a reason. I'm going to be interested to see just how undertracked VGC is when Sony announced 15m sold in the December event.

The PS5 Exists. 

Mummelmann said:

One doing pretty well, Wii U outsold by the PS3 like last year, 3DS holding nicely due to Japan. Nice debut for Sunset Overdrive all in all!

PS4 is actually up 33k (14.7%) due to adjustments from the week before.

poklane said:
Mummelmann said:

PS4 is actually up 33k due to adjustments from the week before.

Adjusted down 73k on the week ending Oct 25th? Sure, okay. I smell some rather sizeable post-holiday adjustments in January. We have those every year though and the margins get bigger the closer to the holidays we get.