By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - SSBU Reviews, Metascore: 93 (27 Reviews)! [4 Perfect Scores] [23 Reviews Over 90!] Cons= "Too Much Fun"

#18 reviewer

Everyeye.it - 9/10

Around the Network

Damn you kill screen!!!!! (80) meta 93

http://www.polygon.com/2014/11/21/7259791/super-smash-bros-for-wii-u-review-crazy-eights

Polygon gave it a 9.5, stating it was the most fun game he played in 2014.

Just looked at Meta and wow...they really included that Financial Post review? That review is truly garbage...he spends pretty much the entire time complaining about how it isn't Smash 64 or Brawl and complaining how it is more like Melee. Really? And the statement "there are considerable problems with the roster"...fucking bullshit.

Absolutely terrible review.

The Kill Screen (who?) review is an interesting beast. The reviewer seems to enjoy waxing poetic about the game, without actually critiquing it, like he enjoys writing more than reviewing. He pretty much says next to nothing, and it certainly doesn't "sound" like an 80 (whatever that means)...the only real complaint was that Smash 4 Wii U isn't revolutionary, but is that worth a 20 point deduction? I personally don't think so, but I also don't think this is much of a review...

Quite the strange beast...

Is anyones area not gotten the Gamecube adapters? No store in my area has it and it seems to be a "Nintendo problem." Sucks hard.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Around the Network
CDiablo said:

Is anyones area not gotten the Gamecube adapters? No store in my area has it and it seems to be a "Nintendo problem." Sucks hard.

Pre-ordered mine from Amazon. Just shipped. I bet Nintendo underestimated how many people wanted the adaptors.

RCTjunkie said:
CDiablo said:

Pre-ordered mine from Amazon. Just shipped. I bet Nintendo underestimated how many people wanted the adaptors.

According to my gamestop, no stores got them in my area at all. They seem to not have shipped them.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

sundin13 said:
Just looked at Meta and wow...they really included that Financial Post review? That review is truly garbage...he spends pretty much the entire time complaining about how it isn't Smash 64 or Brawl and complaining how it is more like Melee. Really? And the statement "there are considerable problems with the roster"...fucking bullshit.

The Kill Screen (who?) review is an interesting beast. The reviewer seems to enjoy waxing poetic about the game, without actually critiquing it, like he enjoys writing more than reviewing. He pretty much says next to nothing, and it certainly doesn't "sound" like an 80 (whatever that means)...the only real complaint was that Smash 4 Wii U isn't revolutionary, but is that worth a 20 point deduction? I personally don't think so, but I also don't think this is much of a review...

This is the first time I've seen someone complain about Smash WiiU being too much like Melee... I thought everyone wanted Smash WiiU to be more like Meele! Apparently I was very wrong.. -__-

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

RCTjunkie said:
http://www.polygon.com/2014/11/21/7259791/super-smash-bros-for-wii-u-review-crazy-eights

Polygon gave it a 9.5, stating it was the most fun game he played in 2014.

He better :)  (Somebody has to make up for that amazing MK8 pie chart:0

AZWification said:
sundin13 said:

This is the first time I've seen someone complain about Smash WiiU being too much like Melee... I thought everyone wanted Smash WiiU to be more like Meele! Apparently I was very wrong.. -__-

First he complains it's not anything like Smash Bros. 64 and then he says it hasn't changed enough since the start of the series. Lol.

Aww, another 80% on Metacritic. This might even dip below 90% if it keeps getting those reviews.