By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 10-year-old girl defeats several top West Coast players at Smash Bros. Wii U GameStop event

Well this is... interesting.

So wait, was this fake and all (hearing a bunch of people saying that in the comments section)?

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network

Good for her. She seemed to have some personality, and she's obviously a great Smash player. If her family plays it right, she could probably make some money.

mZuzek said:
Jumpin said:

Smash Bros is one of those games you can pick up for the first time and beat experienced players. It’s not like Street Fighter or anything, it’s very simple and has almost no learning curve whatsoever.

Lol no. I can assure you you can't do that. This kid only did it because it's fake.

Also, great necro.

Don’t listen to that Jumpin guy, he’s an idiot and a troll. He’s such a fool that he necroed a nearly 4 year old post from the depths of forgotteness. Also, look where he’s from... Never trust a German! Remember the last two times they declared war? And the target they picked? Yep, The World! Also, I bet he never even played a Smash brothers game - he talks about the N64, but I’ve seen him bashing it before and trolling Nintendo fans. Also, pretty sure he’s an alcoholic with the way he writes but probably can hardly speak English. Probably best to ignore that Kraut and this thread he necroed. That necrophiliac bastard!

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

JazzB1987 said:

Anyway what I want to know is this:

How is she so good? When Brawl came out she was like 5 or so. Melee came out before she was born the 3DS game is not the best way to learn smash (different controls, multiplayer is online only etc etc)

How can a 10 year old beat people that played smash for decades?

Smash is a pretty fast game which needs fast reflexes and reactions. This diminishes with age. So that a kid has great reflexes is not at all surprising. Still she needed to sink some time into the game to learn the moves and stuff. So it is still a great feat. But basically this is a game in which years of experience don't make you much better while at the same time the basic human motoric abilities getting reduced.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

disolitude said:
That's great kiddo. You mastered video games at 10... Time to move on and get some other life skills.

Oh, puberty will take care of this. Puberty is the time girls start to take less interest in technology and games.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
Mnementh said:

Smash is a pretty fast game which needs fast reflexes and reactions. This diminishes with age. So that a kid has great reflexes is not at all surprising. Still she needed to sink some time into the game to learn the moves and stuff. So it is still a great feat. But basically this is a game in which years of experience don't make you much better while at the same time the basic human motoric abilities getting reduced.

* s i g h *

Okay, I give up.

The important take away is that people can't read/take 5 minutes to do some background research before reacting to a bizarre headline like this.

I even just realized the title of the video in the OP says "CONFIRMED FAKE" so people really don't read outside of the thread title, lmao.

Last edited by Ultrashroomz - on 23 April 2018

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."