By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is the playstation TV a bust in the US?

Is the playstation TV a bust?

Yes 83 49.11%

No 35 20.71%

I like Turtles! 51 30.18%

Total:169

oh.. PStv... one of those stupid things sony made that are completely redundant and solely represents money that should have been better spent making something else they make better.

Around the Network

The target audience is that of holiday season shoppers.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

ShyGuy322 said:
I don't understand why anyone would want it.

to play vita games on a proper tv, i bought it and im really happy with the product.

Huge bust.

kowenicki said:
Its one of those products that tried to create a market for itself that didn't previously exist.

It has failed to do so.

This reminds me of something that the old Sony CEO said (He passed a way a bit more than a decade ago). He was the leader in the good old Sony glory days (you know, Walkman an such), and in an interview, he was asked why he didn't like focus-groups. Here's his answer: "We don't ask consumers what they want. They don't know. Instead, we apply our brain power to what they need, and will want, and make sure we're there, ready."

He was a true marketing genius. Among one of his close friends and "prodigees" was Steve Jobs. Makes me wonder where Sony could've been today if he was still alive. But alas, he's not alive and Sony are not doing good.

Around the Network

Yep, its going to be a huge flop cause it has quite a steep competition from Google, Apple and Amazon and considering Sony's unwillingness to fight, I say its DoA

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

RolStoppable said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Yep, its going to be a huge flop cause it has quite a steep competition from Google, Apple and Amazon and considering Sony's unwillingness to fight, I say its DoA

lulz, you are using future tense.

Loll, shit, is it already out? I hadn't noticed

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

estebxx said:
ShyGuy322 said:

to play vita games on a proper tv, i bought it and im really happy with the product.

To play SOME Vita games on a proper TV.

CladInShadows said:
estebxx said:
ShyGuy322 said:

To play SOME Vita games on a proper TV.

Yea, the fact that it's limited in the Vita games that are compatible killed it for me. On top of that there are no media apps on the device, so using it to replace a Roku, Apple TV etc. goes out the window. But I was also interested in using it to remote play my PS4 in my bedroom. The straw that broke the camels back for me was the fact that unless you are using ethernet on both ends, the feature is useless. 

It's 2014. I use wireless for everything. I don't feel the need to rig my house up for ethernet connections everywhere.

As a gaming device its pretty shit and the vast majority of people who its supposed to appeal to will already have PS4, PS3 or PS VIta

As a TV box its needs to be advertised far more. Are any TV boxes selling well?