By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon US Monthly bestsellers tracking thread November - Updated 29/11 - GTAV bundle in at 17

Let's be honest, it's looking likely that the XB1 will beat the PS4 in November. By how many, that's yet to be seen but I doubt we're going to get the usual 'PS4 wins November' Tweet from Playstation this month.

I'm talking NPD of course. WWS will obviously be a different story. It's going to be interesting to see whether the Playsation event in December effects sales.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:

Let's be honest, it's looking likely that the XB1 will beat the PS4 in November. By how many, that's yet to be seen but I doubt we're going to get the usual 'PS4 wins November' Tweet from Playstation this month.

I'm talking NPD of course. WWS will obviously be a different story. It's going to be interesting to see whether the Playsation event in December effects sales.

Not in any significant way.  The only people that will watch it will be people who already follow gaming closely

celador said:

Not in any significant way.  The only people that will watch it will be people who already follow gaming closely

Have you got any idea about EVERYTHING that's going to be there? Have you got any idea what surprises are going to be announced? have you got any idea whether a game is perhaps going to be released in December that we're not aware of?

The impact is completely dependant upon answers to these questions. I personally think people are in for a bit of a shock.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
celador said:

Have you got any idea about EVERYTHING that's going to be there? Have you got any idea what surprises are going to be announced? have you got any idea whether a game is perhaps going to be released in December that we're not aware of?

The impact is completely dependant upon answers to these questions.

They aren't going to announce a new game for release in December.  Not a game that would move systems at least.

As for the rest of it, there may be some great surprises and announcements about what is coming to PS4 in the future, but why would that push sales in December if they aren't arriving for months?  People are going to wait for whatever is announced to actually release if that is what they want to purchase a PS4 for.

GribbleGrunger said:

Still we have not seen PS4 bundles yet because PS4 bundle games are releasing on Nov 18 which are GTA V, Far Cry 4 and LBP3. So, wait for the last two weeks which can make differnece and right now its XB1 bundle games time for the games SO, COD, AC and MCC until 11th then its PS4 time.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

Around the Network
celador said:

They aren't going to announce a new game for release in December.  Not a game that would move systems at least.

As for the rest of it, there may be some great surprises and announcements about what is coming to PS4 in the future, but why would that push sales in December if they aren't arriving for months?  People are going to wait for whatever is announced to actually release if that is what they want to purchase a PS4 for.

Mindshare + momentum.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
celador said:

Mindshare + momentum.

Yep, they will build momentum and also PS4 has great start from 2015 with exclusives Bloorborne, Order 1886 and Until dawn in first Quarter from then onwards it cannot be stopped.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

biglittlesps said:

Yep, they will build momentum and also PS4 has great start from 2015 with exclusives Bloorborne, Order 1886 and Until dawn in first Quarter from then onwards it cannot be stopped.

This is what I'm thinking. Even if they don't hit us with a game that is revealed to be releasing this year (as insiders have alluded to), by promoting Bloodborne, The Order and Until Dawn, with new footage, they make it easier for anyone buying a console in December to consider the long term implications of their purchase.

The PS5 Exists. 

Losing kinect and dropping the price is a win for gamers... But don't pretend that Microsoft is happy about it. They were forced to sell their console for basically $299 before the 1 year anniversary. Again great deal for gamers, but the Microsoft suits can not be happy.

DakonBlackblade said:
Imaginedvl said:
mutantclown said:
The more it sells, the more they lose. The percentage of market share they may gain by doing this in the short run won't justify the loss.

I believe they know better than you do about that (bold) :)
More marketshare = more game, live, accessory sales = more money at the end...

If it was this obvious both companies would be giving theyre consoles for free. MS is taking a very very big loss here but theyre bazilionaire so they cna aford to take such a loss. Its a gamble, and in the hourly charts only 1 bundle is ahead of the PS4 now the other 3 have dropped bellow it so the amount of ppl buying is decreasing.

It is a simple as that... More marketshare = more revenues (game, live, accessories). I never said they are not loosing money in the process or imply that they will not lose any money by lowering the price of the Xbox One versus the revenues it will generate.

But yah, I can tell you that the overall concept is that simple :)

And I agree with you, it is a pure gamble. But nobody can predict the results obviously.