By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xblade Chronicles X and Final Fantasy XV World Sizes

Which Game Will Have the Biggest World?

Xblade Chronicles 253 53.83%

Final Fantasy XV 144 30.64%

See Results 72 15.32%

Total:469

The character model complaints confuse me; I actually like the style even though there are a couple of the characters whose designs are kinda meh. I mean, I've played and been a big fan of TES and Fallout 3 and NV so to me, the quality doesn't seem all that bad at all :P

Around the Network

xenoblade is an absolutely massive game. I can't say how big FFXV will be but 5 times bigger than xenoblade is mindblowing. I can tell most of the people in here haven't played xenoblade.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

The only logical choice from anyone who has played Xenoblade before and FF before is Xenoblade.

I mean come on, more than 5x the size! With the importance of graphics in FF, and the way the series has always prioritised that over large world's, I doubt that FFXV will hit even the size of the original Xenoblade, let alone 5x that.

Similarly ofcourse it all depends on variety. We've seen a bit of variety in X, but we definitely need to see more.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Such brave big worlds...with nothing in it(them).

No point in making large worlds if you're going to be repeating a lot of the stuff, have the same bland environment go on with nothing interesting(environmental standouts), or have nothing to do in them.

That's my current problem with FF15. Looks good(although I'm not sure if that's what we'll actually end up getting on PS4), but the environments look like the blandest stuff(albeit pretty) I've ever seen outside of the main city. Remove the characters and enemies and I could never tell you which game it was from, as it looks like all other fantasy games I've ever seen, especially since it's more close to realistic.

I need to see more of Xenoblade's environments, and of course of FF15, but both environments look pretty bleh so far. So I'd opt for both to give me more interesting and varied locales in their worlds and stuff to do, rather than having large worlds for the sake of having large worlds, just to be an e-peen bullet point.

Also from the looks of the newest trailer, X will have fast travel, or so it seemed, is it confirmed FF15 will have this too?

As for the character models for X. They don't look good. But I find FF15's character models to look like Real Dolls, so I guess that's an improvement? Type in Real Doll Japan in google. But both look pretty freakish to me overall, but on a whole I don't think anime art style works well when you go realistic.

As for design, FF15 characters just look Jpop stars or a boy band, and that's a bit of a turn off tbh(not very hero-like hard to explain), unless they switch it up and make them all gay. Since you know, it's several well dressed, very attractive men talking a road trip together, with no women involved....

Lucas-Rio said:

FF15 will be small compared to Xenoblade, the first one. It will be very small compared to Xenoblade X.

People saying that FF15 will be bigger are deluded, since no FF games have been close to be as big as Xenoblade. FF are not big games. I expect FF15 to be around 30% the size of the first Xenoblade.

"since no FF games have been close to be as big as Xenoblade"   Yeah off courses because this is will be the first FF to have a real life scale with open world map. Even Xenogears on PS1 also have small world Lol XD hahaha

Lol classic Final Fantasy games look small because at that time PS1 and PS2 unable to render long distant view on the graphic, and they downscale the character and the world map like chibi person (small character).

With PS4 real life graphic capability it will look ridiculous if the world small is small like it used to be, they have shown the game trailer and engine that capable of drawing an entire world map on human scale.

The asset and the engine on the demo also capable on drawing the foliage (tree, grass) seamlessly so if they want to make the map as big as the earth, they can do it easily.  

So I guess Final Fantasy XV map will be the same or big possibility far bigger then Xenoblade X Chronicles :D

Around the Network

While I'm not going to just deny FFXV could be bigger, saying it will be far bigger is wishful thinking imo. Getting too far beyond the scale Xenoblade is hitting begins to push the practicality soft-cap I mentioned earlier. Just cause you have the tech (not that PS4 could run the tech necessarily) doesn't mean you can/should use it.

Nuvendil said:
While I'm not going to just deny FFXV could be bigger, saying it will be far bigger is wishful thinking imo. Getting too far beyond the scale Xenoblade is hitting begins to push the practicality soft-cap I mentioned earlier. Just cause you have the tech (not that PS4 could run the tech necessarily) doesn't mean you can/should use it.

While bigger doesn't mean bigger area Lol. it could be dungeon, or  bigger ocean. or maybe bigger city and bigger structure (modern structure )

I think the sofware cap,will  not become a hindrance , it depends onthe  engine, some engine capable to execute random map and folliage without puting alot of resource, "No Man Sky " for the example, they dont need to render every planet, they just put a little resource and the rest is  done by the CPU.

Considering FFXV looks miles better than Xenoblade I would be surprised if it ends up being bigger than Xenoblade. Besides the size of the world is pointless if there isn't anything to do in that vast world.

NobleTeam360 said:
Considering FFXV looks miles better than Xenoblade I would be surprised if it ends up being bigger than Xenoblade. Besides the size of the world is pointless if there isn't anything to do in that vast world.

This is a very dangerous and subjective thing to say. So, be careful where you go from here if you wish to remain in the Skype group.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

NobleTeam360 said:

Yup, it will be pointless. That's why bigger doesn't mean better. Beside leveling and looking for rare item , or maybe collecting and finding secret dungeon and boss.

Well that's just some assumption tho about FFXV bigger then X, but the possibility, the technology (i mean technology doesn't mean spec wise but progress in engine and software ) is already there.

I think bigger and vast world is more benefit on online game like FF14, No Man Sky or Everquest 2 and any other MMORPG.