By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xblade Chronicles X and Final Fantasy XV World Sizes

Which Game Will Have the Biggest World?

Xblade Chronicles 253 53.83%

Final Fantasy XV 144 30.64%

See Results 72 15.32%

Total:469
Angelv577 said:
Both look huge open world to me, which one is the bigger one is irrelevant. A lot of people were craving for an open world JRPG for next gen so there you have it, two games to choose.

This^

JRPG fans that want a huge open world have 2, i cant wait for both!

Around the Network
CosmicSex said:
VXIII said:
CosmicSex said:

I think Xenoblade X world would be bigger.

Final Fantasy XV Is heavy on the tech side (Dynamic lighting and weather system, day / night cycle, real time physical calculations for the clouds, very high polygons count and very detailed animations). All of that is very, very demanding on the resources. But then again, what we already saw of the world is huge. There is no way to tell for certain.

Agreed

Doesn't X have dynamic weather and day and night cycle as well?  How much of this are we actually expecting in the base game anyway?  And will the final game's environments be so bland and featureless?

Actually now that I think about it.  I've seen these games get pitted head to head on here and NeoGaf with a head to head of Witcher 3 and FFXV on Gamefaqs.  Would be great if we can get a full head to head of Game of the Generation RPGs going.

Just a large comparison list of the features each game will have.  Games to compare;
Xenoblade X
Witcher 3
FFXV
Dragon's Age Inquisition

Yaye/Naye?  I'd be interested to see a complete list of features of all of those games.

tbone51 said:
Angelv577 said:
Both look huge open world to me, which one is the bigger one is irrelevant. A lot of people were craving for an open world JRPG for next gen so there you have it, two games to choose.

This^

JRPG fans that want a huge open world have 2, i cant wait for both!

With those 2 games, gamers don't need to buy another game for months due to the insane amount of content those games normally have. 

HollyGamer said:
Nuvendil said:
While I'm not going to just deny FFXV could be bigger, saying it will be far bigger is wishful thinking imo. Getting too far beyond the scale Xenoblade is hitting begins to push the practicality soft-cap I mentioned earlier. Just cause you have the tech (not that PS4 could run the tech necessarily) doesn't mean you can/should use it.

While bigger doesn't mean bigger area Lol. it could be dungeon, or  bigger ocean. or maybe bigger city and bigger structure (modern structure )

I think the sofware cap,will  not become a hindrance , it depends onthe  engine, some engine capable to execute random map and folliage without puting alot of resource, "No Man Sky " for the example, they dont need to render every planet, they just put a little resource and the rest is  done by the CPU.

I didn't mean "software."  A soft cap is the idea of there not being an actual cap but some aspect (in this case, resources) creates a pseudo limit to how far you can reach in a practical sense.  I'm saying that even though they may have the means to make a world that is much larger, the resources needed to fill it make it impractical. 

the_dengle said:
Vena said:

the_dengle said:

The Last Story only takes about 20 hours to complete, and lots of Wii owners loved it.

It was shit.

Heyyy, you got an avatar! Nice. :P (First thing I noticed.)

I haven't finished TLS yet, but my point stands. IGN named it the 10th-best Wii game of all time... one spot ahead of Xenoblade.

CosmicSex said:
VXIII said:

Kind of off topic, but having played Shadow of Mordor recently, I realized how important the variety of the environment is. SoM has medium sized, detailed world. But the environment is always the same. That took away so much from the game sense of exploration and adventure.

I kind of felt the same way about Destiny.  One thing I adore about FF games is the variety of enviorments. 

I like this direction of conversation. I always feel this way when I see Skyrim -- everything looks the same. Even the dungeons all look the same. I haven't been able to delve into the FF series properly yet, but Xenoblade had amazing variety to its locations and I expect the same from XCX. It will be tough to match how Xenoblade in that regard though -- every location felt iconic because you knew its place on and significance to the "larger picture," the titan you were walking on.

TLS is my fave game of last gen.  It's a fantastic game and a lot of hidden chapters.

=========================================================================

On topic people don't know how large 5X than Xenoblade is. Xenoblade was nearly twice  as large as Skyrim. So 5X that makes Skyrim look like a CoD map.

Also XV looks to not have much going on in it's world. A lot of empty space. Xenoblade and even this new game have a lot of enemies and stuff to collect and a lot to do. XCX as seen by some earlier trailers has enemies the size of a skyscraper. Sure XB had big enemies and we saw a couple in XV but so far shown has enemies that even make the Dino in the first area seem small.

XCX will also have total freedom to explore with no loading screen. Monolith said it would be seamless. XV looks to pull players on a string. Game forces you forward. Get out explore a little bit then have to move forward again.

Around the Network
TheSpindler said:
CosmicSex said:
VXIII said:
CosmicSex said:

I think Xenoblade X world would be bigger.

Final Fantasy XV Is heavy on the tech side (Dynamic lighting and weather system, day / night cycle, real time physical calculations for the clouds, very high polygons count and very detailed animations). All of that is very, very demanding on the resources. But then again, what we already saw of the world is huge. There is no way to tell for certain.

Agreed

Doesn't X have dynamic weather and day and night cycle as well?  How much of this are we actually expecting in the base game anyway?  And will the final game's environments be so bland and featureless?

No. The key word here is "dynamic system" what you see in most games including X is referred to as "weather pattern" and "baked lighting solution". The difference here is that the dynamic system is heavy in the resources, it requires its own calculations to measure objects and distance. The light effect is not part of the art / textures, it is a standalone thing. You can see the sun gradually moving while the lighting of  the world changing in real time.

So is the weather system. It is not a pattern. A dynamic weather system means the rain dynamically and gradually changing from heavy to soft, while interacting real-time with the other world elements like the wind direction, the look of the textures and so on. Final Fantasy XV Is a clear example to understand those systems better.

The backed lighting system like in X is much less ambitious but it is also not demanding. The day and night "cycle" is 3 different kinds of "world paint" day paint, dusk paint and night paint. The shift between the three happens without any interaction with the world elements, and it doesn't happen gradually, the time of day remains static untill the change happens.

Ryudo said:

1 Also XV looks to not have much going on in it's world. A lot of empty space.

2 XV but so far shown has enemies that even make the Dino in the first area seem small.

3 XV looks to pull players on a string. Game forces you forward. Get out explore a little bit then have to move forward again.

1- "The footage shown is a special version of the demo with all of the enemy and event flags cleared to show off the field."

2-

3- “Whether it’s driving or combat, you can do what you like in the game,” Tabata told Kotaku. “There is that freedom. It’s open world, and it’s possible to go where you want and explore."

Please do research and don't assume things based on no knowledge

TheSpindler said:
CosmicSex said:

Actually now that I think about it.  I've seen these games get pitted head to head on here and NeoGaf with a head to head of Witcher 3 and FFXV on Gamefaqs.  Would be great if we can get a full head to head of Game of the Generation RPGs going.

Just a large comparison list of the features each game will have.  Games to compare;
Xenoblade X
Witcher 3
FFXV
Dragon's Age Inquisition

Yaye/Naye?  I'd be interested to see a complete list of features of all of those games.

Yaye but keep in mind that the list would be strickly as an informative resource.  I mean for an RPG lover, this list is a dream come true. 

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Hard to tell at this point but most likely, FFXV's world will be bigger by the end of it considering SE's experience and budget! But either ways, I am really excited for X none the less! It looks like its going to be full of life and things to do!!!

Hard to believe those are both from the same game!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Conegamer said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Considering FFXV looks miles better than Xenoblade I would be surprised if it ends up being bigger than Xenoblade. Besides the size of the world is pointless if there isn't anything to do in that vast world.

This is a very dangerous and subjective thing to say. So, be careful where you go from here if you wish to remain in the Skype group.

Some deep seeded sarcasm?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.