By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xblade Chronicles X and Final Fantasy XV World Sizes

Which Game Will Have the Biggest World?

Xblade Chronicles 253 53.83%

Final Fantasy XV 144 30.64%

See Results 72 15.32%

Total:469
VXIII said:
TheSpindler said:
CosmicSex said:
VXIII said:
CosmicSex said:

I think Xenoblade X world would be bigger.

Final Fantasy XV Is heavy on the tech side (Dynamic lighting and weather system, day / night cycle, real time physical calculations for the clouds, very high polygons count and very detailed animations). All of that is very, very demanding on the resources. But then again, what we already saw of the world is huge. There is no way to tell for certain.

Agreed

Doesn't X have dynamic weather and day and night cycle as well?  How much of this are we actually expecting in the base game anyway?  And will the final game's environments be so bland and featureless?

No. The key word here is "dynamic system" what you see in most games including X is referred to as "weather pattern" and "baked lighting solution". The difference here is that the dynamic system is heavy in the resources, it requires its own calculations to measure objects and distance. The light effect is not part of the art / textures, it is a standalone thing. You can see the sun gradually moving while the lighting of  the world changing in real time.

So is the weather system. It is not a pattern. A dynamic weather system means the rain dynamically and gradually changing from heavy to soft, while interacting real-time with the other world elements like the wind direction, the look of the textures and so on. Final Fantasy XV Is a clear example to understand those systems better.

The backed lighting system like in X is much less ambitious but it is also not demanding. The day and night "cycle" is 3 different kinds of "world paint" day paint, dusk paint and night paint. The shift between the three happens without any interaction with the world elements, and it doesn't happen gradually, the time of day remains static untill the change happens.

The night/day cycles of Xenoblade were quite fantastic, and some of them were the most artistic I have seen in a videogame, much more poetic and beautiful than any technologic achievement of dynamic weather, ream-time calculated cloud or rainy drop.

Art > Technology

Around the Network
Angelv577 said:
Both look huge open world to me, which one is the bigger one is irrelevant. A lot of people were craving for an open world JRPG for next gen so there you have it, two games to choose.

While FFXV appear to be much more open world than the FF13 games, it becomes hard to call it a JRPG. It looks like more like an action game sometime. Like RE isn't a survival horror anymore.

Mystro-Sama said:
FF XV's world will most likely be bigger due to be being on more powerful hardware though X is 5 times better than the first game which is nice.

Final Fantasy 13 (or 99% of the games on ps360 in general) VS Xenoblade Wii?

Lucas-Rio said:
VXIII said:

No. The key word here is "dynamic system" what you see in most games including X is referred to as "weather pattern" and "baked lighting solution". The difference here is that the dynamic system is heavy in the resources, it requires its own calculations to measure objects and distance. The light effect is not part of the art / textures, it is a standalone thing. You can see the sun gradually moving while the lighting of  the world changing in real time.

So is the weather system. It is not a pattern. A dynamic weather system means the rain dynamically and gradually changing from heavy to soft, while interacting real-time with the other world elements like the wind direction, the look of the textures and so on. Final Fantasy XV Is a clear example to understand those systems better.

The backed lighting system like in X is much less ambitious but it is also not demanding. The day and night "cycle" is 3 different kinds of "world paint" day paint, dusk paint and night paint. The shift between the three happens without any interaction with the world elements, and it doesn't happen gradually, the time of day remains static untill the change happens.

The night/day cycles of Xenoblade were quite fantastic, and some of them were the most artistic I have seen in a videogame, much more poetic and beautiful than any technologic achievement of dynamic weather, ream-time calculated cloud or rainy drop.

Art > Technology

Forgive me, I don't mean to sound rude, but you have no idea what you are talking about.

The art direction has nothing to do with the technological side of programming. You can have both art direction of X for example in addition to dynamic systems. A beauty upon beauty.

VXIII said:

Lucas-Rio said:

Art > Technology

Forgive me, I don't mean to sound rude, but you have no idea what you are talking about.

The art direction has nothing to do with the technological side of programming. You can have both art direction of X for example in addition to dynamic systems. A beauty upon beauty.

I know but you are only focusing on the technological side. Xenoblade was a game with a lot of technical limits, but the art made the game still beautiful and good to explore. If Xenoblade X use the same tricks, it will impress my eyes more than real time clouds.

Around the Network
Lucas-Rio said:
VXIII said:

Lucas-Rio said:

Art > Technology

I know but you are only focusing on the technological side. Xenoblade was a game with a lot of technical limits, but the art made the game still beautiful and good to explore. If Xenoblade X use the same tricks, it will impress my eyes more than real time clouds.

Beautiful art direction (subjective) + technological advancement > beautiful art.

Fact

JazzB1987 said:
Mystro-Sama said:
FF XV's world will most likely be bigger due to be being on more powerful hardware though X is 5 times better than the first game which is nice.

Final Fantasy 13 (or 99% of the games on ps360 in general) VS Xenoblade Wii?

FF13 was never designed to have a big open world. FF15 is being designed this way.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

VXIII said:
Lucas-Rio said:
VXIII said:

Lucas-Rio said:

Art > Technology

Beautiful art direction (subjective) + technological advancement > beautiful art.

Fact

Games who focus on technological advancement tend to forget the artstyle. Look at FF13.

Lucas-Rio said:

Games who focus on technological advancement tend to forget the artstyle. Look at FF13.

If I have to guess, XenoX will be bigger.

I really can't think of another FF that is as bigger as Xenoblade Chronicles, let alone XenoX which is 5 times bigger.
On the other hand, FFXV seems to be the bigger final fantasy ever (in its world, not in content), so It can be bigger than XenoX

3DS FC :  4339 - 3326 - 7693. Add me :) Nickname Tin