By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xblade Chronicles X and Final Fantasy XV World Sizes

Which Game Will Have the Biggest World?

Xblade Chronicles 253 53.83%

Final Fantasy XV 144 30.64%

See Results 72 15.32%

Total:469
Ryudo said:
thatguymarco said:
I think people read the chart as "which tittle will be better" instead of the actual thing. We all know that FFXV will be bigger, FFXV is an actual next gen game.

-----------------

Meanwhile Xenoblade X will be this gens first true JRPG.

and  FFXV will be this generations first true "action real life and fantasy JRPG ":D :D :D

Around the Network

The size of a game world is not tied to the power of a system. Some dungeon crawlers from the 8-bit era are far more massive than most games today. Xenoblade X will be as big as it's designed to be, and FF15 will be as big as it's designed to be. Saying that because the PS4 is more powerful therefore the world will be bigger is as illogical and foolish as thinking your car will go faster because it has more red stripes painted onto it.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

thatguymarco said:
I think people read the chart as "which tittle will be better" instead of the actual thing. We all know that FFXV will be bigger, FFXV is an actual next gen game.

I figured this 'next-gen' crap would come up sooner or later.  Which is why I wanted a list or a rundown of features.  Because apart from graphics, nothing about FFXV actually seems to be 'next-gen' to me.  And you are doing the same thing you pointed out as other people doing, "which title is better".

And FF series is on the series that seemed to be for years to be stuck in an RPG rut, never really advancing or pshing rpg boundaries, just pandering to its fans.  Maybe I can make a list.  Anyone know any sites that give full run downs on the features of each of the games?  I'm gonna do some google searches and see where that takes me.  NVM, the wikis already contained all the info about them, I guess it'd just be to isolate and post the relevant bullet points to match against each other.

VXIII said:
TheSpindler said:

Doesn't X have dynamic weather and day and night cycle as well?  How much of this are we actually expecting in the base game anyway?  And will the final game's environments be so bland and featureless?

No. The key word here is "dynamic system" what you see in most games including X is referred to as "weather pattern" and "baked lighting solution". The difference here is that the dynamic system is heavy in the resources, it requires its own calculations to measure objects and distance. The light effect is not part of the art / textures, it is a standalone thing. You can see the sun gradually moving while the lighting of  the world changing in real time.

So is the weather system. It is not a pattern. A dynamic weather system means the rain dynamically and gradually changing from heavy to soft, while interacting real-time with the other world elements like the wind direction, the look of the textures and so on. Final Fantasy XV Is a clear example to understand those systems better.

The backed lighting system like in X is much less ambitious but it is also not demanding. The day and night "cycle" is 3 different kinds of "world paint" day paint, dusk paint and night paint. The shift between the three happens without any interaction with the world elements, and it doesn't happen gradually, the time of day remains static untill the change happens.

You clearly never played xenoblade chronicles, because it has a full day/night cycle. light slowly fades when night approaches and the opposite during dawn.

this whole "dynamic weather" argument seems like its trying to make ff 15 look way better than it is. it's just digital weather and I doubt the final results will have noticeable differences.

for the topic, I'm thinking Xenoblade Chronicles X will have the bigger world because 5x as big as the first xenoblade is simply HUGE.

Materia-Blade said:
VXIII said:

No. The key word here is "dynamic system" what you see in most games including X is referred to as "weather pattern" and "baked lighting solution". The difference here is that the dynamic system is heavy in the resources, it requires its own calculations to measure objects and distance. The light effect is not part of the art / textures, it is a standalone thing. You can see the sun gradually moving while the lighting of  the world changing in real time.

So is the weather system. It is not a pattern. A dynamic weather system means the rain dynamically and gradually changing from heavy to soft, while interacting real-time with the other world elements like the wind direction, the look of the textures and so on. Final Fantasy XV Is a clear example to understand those systems better.

The backed lighting system like in X is much less ambitious but it is also not demanding. The day and night "cycle" is 3 different kinds of "world paint" day paint, dusk paint and night paint. The shift between the three happens without any interaction with the world elements, and it doesn't happen gradually, the time of day remains static untill the change happens.

You clearly never played xenoblade chronicles, because it has a full day/night cycle. light slowly fades when night approaches and the opposite during dawn.

this whole "dynamic weather" argument seems like its trying to make ff 15 look way better than it is. it's just digital weather and I doubt the final results will have noticeable differences.

What part of "constantly changing" you didn't understand ? In dynamic system you can see the source of light moving during the whole time, the clouds could block the sun rays during the day. in the other method, the "light" is static until it is time for dawn, that's when the world paint "slowly" changes to orange, then it stays for a few minutes, then it will "slowly" changes to a night sky and will stay exactly the same until the next morning

I'm just talking facts, the quality of XV speaks for itself.

Skip to around 27:30 to understand .. Hopefully

ٍSkip to around 4:20 too see how the dynamic lighting affects the shadows:

Around the Network
VXIII said:
Materia-Blade said:

What part of "constantly changing" you didn't understand ? In dynamic system you can see the source of light moving during the whole time, the clouds could block the sun rays during the day. in the other method, the "light" is static until it is time for dawn, that's when the world paint "slowly" changes to orange, then it stays for a few minutes, then it will "slowly" changes to a night sky and will stay exactly the same until the next morning

I'm just talking facts, the quality of XV speaks for itself.

Skip to around 27:30 to understand .. Hopefully

The first xenoblade also changes to special weathers without a pattern. it's not always sunshine and moonlight.

Yes, FF 15 speaks for itself. so far, it hasn't shown anything that catches the eye with that weather thing. better wait for the final products.

It's also amazing that the huge first area of XCX is just a small penninsula from a much larger landmass.

Materia-Blade said:

The first xenoblade also changes to special weathers without a pattern. it's not always sunshine and moonlight.

Yes, FF 15 speaks for itself. so far, it hasn't shown anything that catches the eye with that weather thing. better wait for the final products.

Weather system =/= lighting system. However, the day/night cycle is related to the lighting system. A game can have multiple weather patterns without being dynamic. is really that hard to understand ?

Make sure to email SE of what you think of FF, for I don't care

VXIII said:
Materia-Blade said:

Weather system =/= lighting system. However, the day/night cycle is related to the lighting system. A game can have multiple weather patterns without being dynamic. is really that hard to understand ?

Make sure to email SE of what you think of FF, for I don't care

I don't recall saying what I think about FF. but how about you talk about the world size?

Materia-Blade said:

I don't recall saying what I think about FF. but how about you talk about the world size?

I did. I mentioned that I think Xenoblade world would be bigger. My reasoning for that is FF XV it focusing on high-end technological methods (the ones I mentioned and others I didn't). But for some reason, I get quoted, and all I see is posts have 0% knowledge of what they're talking about ( the only exception is the_dengle ). My post wasn't about discussing, I was being informative.