By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xblade Chronicles X and Final Fantasy XV World Sizes

Which Game Will Have the Biggest World?

Xblade Chronicles 253 53.83%

Final Fantasy XV 144 30.64%

See Results 72 15.32%

Total:469

To answer the question, without having yet played XenoWii (hey I just made up agreat name for the next game in the series) nor having played a FF since IX, but based on a lot I've read, I'm pretty sure X will have the bigger world, and probably by big margin. However, I wonder how big is too big?

Now regarding FFXV Vs XCX debate, while FFXV is a delight to look at, I believe X will be the better game.

Having said that, I'd love for FFXV to release on WiiU, even if it has a downgrade. Looks amazing!

Around the Network

I'm thinking Xenoblade X will be bigger, based solely on the knowledge that it actually is the very object of the game to explore and research the planet.

I'm thinking Final Fantasy XV will for a more traditional world with more neatly designed locations and an overall tighter feel.

Pavolink said:
In this thread I learned 2 things:

1. Xenoblade Chronicles X for Wii U will have 5 time the size of the original one and looking good in general (holy sh*it)

2. Bigger is not better. Which I completly agree as this applies to the real world. For example some pieces of hardware have a lot of great specs but nothing worth to use it.

What is with the bolded? Why would you censor yourself and then, infact, not censor yourself?

Cryptic.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
Pavolink said:

1. Xenoblade Chronicles X for Wii U will have 5 time the size of the original one and looking good in general (holy sh*it)

2. Bigger is not better. Which I completly agree as this applies to the real world. For example some pieces of hardware have a lot of great specs but nothing worth to use it.

What is with the bolded? Why would you censor yourself and then, infact, not censor yourself?

Cryptic.

And his implied trolling to the PS4 is ok with you?

Conegamer said:
Pavolink said:

Cryptic.

I don't want to give a bad example to the boys.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
VXIII said:
Conegamer said:
Pavolink said:

Cryptic.

Is the ps4 a piece of hardware with great specs and nothing worth to play it? Because I never mentioned.

Pavolink said:
VXIII said:

Is the ps4 a piece of hardware with great specs and nothing worth to play it? Because I never mentioned.

Maybe.. Maybe not

Value is in the eye of the beholder.

What I know that some don't need to mention anything to get banned.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6815075

Quote Tree Shortened - Conegamer

VXIII said:

Maybe.. Maybe not

Value is in the eye of the beholder.

What I know that some don't need to mention anything to get banned.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6815075

Quote Tree Shortened - Conegamer

Good if you and many find value on it. I honestly don't care about ps4 and many other devices. Even my Wii U and 3DS are sitting there just as Zelda machines waiting for Zelda HD and Majora's Mask 3D.

I think both worlds will be big enough. FF XV will be bigger because of the hardware power. But bigger doesn't always mean better.

I don't hate Microsoft, I don't hate PC,
I don't prefer Sony, I don't prefer Nintendo.
...Ok, I love Nintendo but this is something about tolerance, ok?

I'm a gamer with one of the greatest hobbies and I want to share this greatness with everyone.

VXIII said:

I do appreciate the small details, for me they make the experience much more immersive.

The beauty of dynamic systems is that they make the world less predictable, the same location would feel different even if you visit it twice. The dynamic weather system is obviously not a necessity, but it is up to developers to make most of it. Otherwise it wouldn't be different than patterns except in theory.

Yes, in your example, having a pattern is necessary. The dynamic system can be enabled and disabled as the developer see fit (that would probably require a loading time though).

In FF XV dynamic weather system will have different impact on magic spells. Fire wouldn't set enemies on fire during the rain, lightning would have wider impact. The clothes of the characters would appear wet. All small details but I do appreciate them.

Bolded is very interesting and sounds awesome. It doesn't exactly require the sort of dynamic weather effects you were describing before, such as the rain varying in intensity and being affected by wind direction, but I can see how being random would encourage the player to be prepared to fight in unpredictable circumstances. I don't think Xenoblade had a set 'pattern' for weather aside from day and night, it always seemed pretty random to me, but as far as I'm aware rain only affected which monsters could be found in the field and had no impact on the battle mechanics. Night and day affected battle mechanics, but they were predictable and in fact adjustable by the player.

Immersion is a weird thing for me, either I have never felt it while playing a game or I feel it and don't recognize it by that name. The word seems like it should include self-inserting as the player character, but I don't see people using it that way often.