By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - First 5 Weeks: Halo 4 X360 sales > Destiny X1+PS4 sales

Tagged games:

Mummelmann said:
This is hardly surprising; the xbox brand's biggest franchise by far in its fourth mainline installment on a 71 million installed base and releasing in early/mid November versus a brand new IP with the main focus on a platform where the dev has little pedigree, releasing in the fall on a total installed base of ~17 million (at the time of release).

I think the point of this thread is to ignore those facts. You are not telling OP anything he doesn't know.  

Around the Network

I'm not sure this really tells us much at all. If anything it shows Destiny is doing extremely well for a game that's reviewed quite low for a AAA brand new IP.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

In US ? And yet fastest selling console of history is PS4. 13,5 million man. Worldwide beast... leave you with that.

Mr Puggsly said:
chocoloco said:
1st year game sales compared to an established console hitting it's peak in sales and in overall ownership.

I don't think that argument always works. Most IPs tend to lose steam even if the userbase has grown.

For example, Gears 3 hasn't caught up to Gears 2 in spite of launching to a larger userbase.

Where's your logic? Of course the argument works, just look at the numbers... How many Xbox360 were there in the market when Halo4 released? Something like 70mil+?

How many 8th generation consoles are there now in the market? like 19mil? 

And then you are comparing a user base of 70mil vs 19mil. Simple math, isn't it? 

I win no matter what,since I like both games.

Around the Network
Drakrami said:

Where's your logic? Of course the argument works, just look at the numbers... How many Xbox360 were there in the market when Halo4 released? Something like 70mil+?

How many 8th generation consoles are there now in the market? like 19mil? 

And then you are comparing a user base of 70mil vs 19mil. Simple math, isn't it? 

But there are numerous 8th gen games that sold better then 7th gen titles.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Holiday sales vs. Sept+Oct...

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Seems like an unfair comparison considering the small userbase of the next gen consoles.

But then again you are including both the PS4 and Xbox One against just the Xbox 360 sales of Halo 4.

Still both games have amazing sales I don't really see the need to make a competition out of everything.

One of the most hyped up entries in one of the largest franchises in gaming has outsold a new IP on brand new consoles.

Someone pass the the champagne, it's party time.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Xbox 360 was at ~70 Million sold when Halo 4 released in November.

PS4/One was at ~16 Million sold when Destiny released in September.