By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why Do Vgchartz and Neogaf Hate Each Other So Much?

Turkish said:
Teeqoz said:
I don't like Neogaf because it's so horribly organized and difficult to find stuff. I don't hate it though.

The problem is that you'll be banned for mentioning VGC numbers on Neogaf. That's bound to spur up hate and rivalry.

As if the estimated weekly numbers don't get criticized here in this forum?

Of course they do. They get critisised because

a) they don't fit that particular posters agenda.

or b) they are very obviously wrong.

but at least he tries, and the numbers are better than what the majority of us could come up with, and he makes adjustments when he finds out about errors.

Around the Network

Its neo"gif" not neogaf. Why people are misspelling it? That site is hated by developers and publishers.

Neogif hates VGC because to corporations they have no credibility because they leak many things. And VGC numbers are good source of info to big publishers.

Lyrikalstylez said:
Neogaf >>>>> vgchartz

In terms of the number of pedophiles they have, yes. That place has gotten seriously creepy in recent months.

kirby007 said:
i fucking love this thread and the newbies here trying to explain shit

You love being old? lololol

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

VGC born inside GAF... ioi started the VGC ideia in GAF saying it can created a formula to predict monthly and even weekly sales of all videogames.

GAF called bullshit.

He created VGC and started to marketing or post every week the numbers there like facts and reliable numbers to be proved wrong after every single leak of real trackers.

He was banned for spamming and self marketing...

Today the the issues about the GAF hate is the same that all VGC knows... the inaccuracy... GAF want the number to be inline to real tracker and PR announced and call VGC bullshit because it is not.

Take a example of the 10 million Sony announce... VGC was off about 1 million and even after adjustment it continues off about 200k or more... GAF don't accept that... it is a terrible guesstimates.

VGC is bad with numbers and it included in the prediction league where most GAF do a better job prediction sales than VGC... you can use VGC numbers always you want saying it is a guesstimate... you can't use for real comparison between sales because it is a guesstimate... the URL is banned because the ioi's spam/self marketing.

If VizionEck started to self marketing or spam in GAF it will be banned too.

That what was I remember from the past.

Around the Network
MoHasanie said:
I don't like Neogaf that much. The layout of the forums is bad and it doesn't look like anyone can have a decent discussion there. And there are a lot of people there who don't know what they're talking about especially when it comes to sales.

I don't know what you mean because outside the new part of the forum the community is where you have decent discussion about games... it is not like here... there you have real gaming discussion in the community part.

Some guys didn't even enter in the news gaming part... only stay on the community part.

It is amazing good and strong community to talk about games... VGC didn't come near to the decent and good conversation you have there.

PS. Of course the news part of the game is more exposed than the gaming community part... you can start here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8 you will see how rich GAF is about games.

ethomaz said:

VGC born inside GAF... ioi started the VGC ideia in GAF saying it can created a formula to predict monthly and even weekly sales of all videogames.

GAF called bullshit.

He created VGC and started to marking or post every week the numbers there like facts and reliable numbers to be proved wrong after every single leak of real trackers.

He was banned for spamming and self marketing...

Today the the issues about the GAF hate is the same that all VGC knows... the inaccuracy... GAF want the number to be inline to real tracker and PR announced and call VGC bullshit because it is not.

Take a example of the 10 million Sony announce... VGC was off about 1 million and even after adjustment it continues off about 200k or more... GAF don't accept that... it is a terrible guesstimates.

VGC is bad with numbers and it included in the prediction league where most GAF do a better job prediction sales than VGC... you can use VGC numbers always you want saying it is a guesstimate... you can't use for real comparison between sales because it is a guesstimate... the URL is banned because the ioi's spam/self marketing.

If VizionEck started to self marketing or spam in GAF it will be banned too.

That what was I remember from the past.

We know it. But still that site is full of hatred. And vizionEck still has a long way to go.

ioi was once the ruler of gaf, there was an uprising and they force him off power so ever since he is now lurking here until he regains his full power to conquer is former domain once again. OPezus knew about his plans and told the new lord of gaf the mighty dong bruiser, so ioi destroyed him and we never heard of him again but the damage to ioi was done he tried in 2012 to conquer gaf and failed the dong bruiser defeated him on the peak of mount doom. There is more to the story but ioi could see me post it and I rather not get destroyed lol

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

But why Neogaf has so many insider, and VGC don't have anyone even on sales data, on Neogaf has a member who can leak NPD Number.

I thing what neogaf famous is the insider, if we have our own insider especially on sales we can also famous on Internet.

There is a reason

1) Neogaf has the right numbers
2) Members there leak NPD(which is completely unimportant cause only Worldwide counts btw)
3) Following that VGChartz numbers get adjusted all the time after being heavily off especially with the PS4
4) A lot of developers are there talking with the members and not on here.

Neogaf is a much better place compared to Chartz and far more important to gaming.
Nearly everything related to gaming is firstly posted on there and then copy+pasted on here.

The community is better too.
Especially cause "humbled by MS" guys are directly kicked out and the good guys are allowed to stay in.
Mods are a lot more strict with who they ban - Not just from one camp like here.Everyone gets banned if they don't behave.
Constanstly bashing the Playstation like here wouldn't be allowed on there.Neither does bashing the Xbox or Nintendo and PC.
Mods like Starcraft wouldn't even have a chance to do this for a full week if they would act like that on Neogaf.

Why am i here?Cause i don't want to risk my Gaf account with trolling.
Especially being constanstly right with everything is fun.

And if we are already here.
Create a thread asking "Why do Xbox people only care about NPD and forget the big picture which is worldwide?"
Cause seeing that "hhehehehe we may win Novemeber/Dec NPD will turn everything around" is just funny.