By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why Do Vgchartz and Neogaf Hate Each Other So Much?

vgc sometimes makes mistakes,at the most wasn t so big,except ps4undertracking(however for a long time had tracked it really well.vgc has many successes,i was impressed when vgc had ps4 had it 1m in UK and after a while sony uk announce that...and vgc had been confirmed,that s a win!There is an unfair bias on the internet against vgc i think! i dislike neogaf for the way they behaved to ioi plus that is a bad organized site,it is very difficult to find something and it forces you to make an account won t let you to see the older threadsgenerally the archive, if you aren t a member...I like neogaf only for npd numbers leakage and pal charts lol.

Around the Network

one neogaf is weird
vgchartz is a better forumsite the discussions here are way way better and less trolling and antagonism there is a sense of friendship of this site
neogaf supposedly banned ioi accounts due to his overtracking of xbox hardware sales and software soles and constant undertracking of ps hardware and software, and general inaccuracies ( the constant readjustments on this site points a very false picture )
however the site does its best and its hard to track sales

There is personal history between Brett (the owner and founded of vgchartz for those who don't know) and the admins at NeoGAF running back many years back when Brett was a member on GAF. It revolves mostly around GAF finding vgchartz an unreliable tracker and actually outright banning the possibility of even writing the word vgcharts on their forums and making it an infraction to link to numbers from this site.

Lyrikalstylez said:
Neogaf >>>>> vgchartz

I'm sorry, but I think you used the wrong signs there!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Damagon said:
People in VGC complain about the ridiculous (100k+) overtracking and undertracking on a weekly basis, but here they are week after week without doing anything about it (what can we do anyway?)

Neogaf complained about the same, and they actually did something. Banned the site.

Everyone here got butthurt.

So should VGChartz ban itself? :P

Around the Network

I don't like Neogaf that much. The layout of the forums is bad and it doesn't look like anyone can have a decent discussion there. And there are a lot of people there who don't know what they're talking about especially when it comes to sales.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

i fucking love this thread and the newbies here trying to explain shit

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Jumpin said:
Homophobia.

So Gaf is gay?

MoHasanie said:
I don't like Neogaf that much. The layout of the forums is bad and it doesn't look like anyone can have a decent discussion there. And there are a lot of people there who don't know what they're talking about especially when it comes to sales.

Bolded; to be quite honest; the same can be said about most forums, this one is no exception, we see daily examples of far-fetched and outright ridiculous posts and statements revolving around sales and related topics.

Teeqoz said:
I don't like Neogaf because it's so horribly organized and difficult to find stuff. I don't hate it though.

The problem is that you'll be banned for mentioning VGC numbers on Neogaf. That's bound to spur up hate and rivalry.

As if the estimated weekly numbers don't get criticized here in this forum?