By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why Do Vgchartz and Neogaf Hate Each Other So Much?

BraLoD said:
HollyGamer said:

But why Neogaf has so many insider, and VGC don't have anyone even on sales data, on Neogaf has a member who can leak NPD Number.

I thing what neogaf famous is the insider, if we have our own insider especially on sales we can also famous on Internet.

But who would that be?

Maybe Ioi can pay some mod to become the insider or use his connection to invite some one who is close to the Industry and become a member here :D :D

really anyone can be an insider as long the insider is proven right and Mod is recognize the person and his/her affiliation with the Industry.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
HollyGamer said:
BraLoD said:
HollyGamer said:

But why Neogaf has so many insider, and VGC don't have anyone even on sales data, on Neogaf has a member who can leak NPD Number.

I thing what neogaf famous is the insider, if we have our own insider especially on sales we can also famous on Internet.

But who would that be?

Maybe Ioi can pay some mod to become the insider or use his connection to invite some one who is close to the Industry and become a member here :D :D

really anyone can be an insider as long the insider is proven right and Mod is recognize the person and his/her affiliation with the Industry.

Lol, I don't think that works this way xD

Yeah, that would be the way, bring someone here that already do this leaks, but I don't know if VGC have rules against it here, I mean, using the forums to leak information.

XD Lol yeah you right just some crazy idea from me, but indeed VGC need some boost, but hey even Pachter mentioned VGC on his shows also help VGC become famous or maybe Ioi has another plan that we dont know yet Lol, or maybe he already satisfied with VGC. Who knows :)

didn't the npd numbers leak stop last month.can't remember now but thought they didn't happen

Above & Beyond

ethomaz said:
MoHasanie said:
I don't like Neogaf that much. The layout of the forums is bad and it doesn't look like anyone can have a decent discussion there. And there are a lot of people there who don't know what they're talking about especially when it comes to sales.

I don't know what you mean because outside the new part of the forum the community is where you have decent discussion about games... it is not like here... there you have real gaming discussion in the community part.

Some guys didn't even enter in the news gaming part... only stay on the community part.

It is amazing good and strong community to talk about games... VGC didn't come near to the decent and good conversation you have there.

PS. Of course the news part of the game is more exposed than the gaming community part... you can start here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8 you will see how rich GAF is about games.

I didn't know that before. Sometimes I check neogaf but I never go to the community part. 

It just feels like a hard place to have a discussion cause its such a popular forum and there are so many users and posts. Like on this site, a big news story would get 200-300 posts, but on that site, the same story will get 1000+ posts so most people will most likely not even see your post. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

I would probably join Gaf and blow this pop stand if they didn't require me to use a not-free email account.

And then after a few months or years I'd blow that pop stand too because I'd get tired of their shit.

I just want to talk about games.

Anyway thanks for the story ethomaz, I didn't know any of that. It certainly explains why I see people calling Gaf our "sister site" from time to time.

Around the Network

MoHasanie said:

I didn't know that before. Sometimes I check neogaf but I never go to the community part.

It just feels like a hard place to have a discussion cause its such a popular forum and there are so many users and posts. Like on this site, a big news story would get 200-300 posts, but on that site, the same story will get 1000+ posts so most people will most likely not even see your post.

Yeap... the news part is like that... I have issues sometimes to follow big news because after each refresh have pages to read instead few comments... GAF is really huge in terms of users... it is like 100x or more than VGC in terms of active users.

But like I said there is the gaming communite side... you have talk about all games in a good way even the most unexpressive or small indie game... you will find a thread and somebody to talk... you can find guys like you with the same takes and opinions.

If you want to talk about a game I can't recomend any other place than GAF.

Here in VGC you will talk more about big games and console war.

Callum_Alexander said:

I think it may have something to do with some of the people on this site arguing constantly over numbers we all know are inaccurate at best. Then there is the fact that Gaf only really deals with NPD's official numbers which makes those on this site who bicker look even more ridiculous. Perhaps it wouldn't be such a problem if this site were named something other than VGChartz? A self-proclaimed video game chart site that can't track numbers accurately? It's slightly ridiculous. Also, "Chartz"????? 

What are they at worst if inacurate is the best they can possibly be?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Everyone who is not on Gaf, hates Gaf, that's the rule. There's quite a bit of circle jerk present but they got lots of great discussion threads about popular games out right now (something we could really improve on here).

todd2r said:
GAF is a cesspool. They act like they are some holier than thou site of video game discussion when its the same trolling and B.S. that every site has

Pretty much this.

Leadified said:
Everyone who is not on Gaf, hates Gaf, that's the rule. There's quite a bit of circle jerk present but they got lots of great discussion threads about popular games out right now (something we could really improve on here).

The OT threads are something that we could have here but I guess it won't works like there... it is suck amazing threads for even small or indie games.