By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sonic Boom Wii U visuals PlayStation 4 a like level?

Tagged games:

Asriel said:
eyeofcore said:
Asriel said:
eyeofcore said:
Asriel said:
Looks like another sadly mediocre Sonic game to me.

Nintendo should be throwing money at Shining Force, given they work so closely with Camelot, instead of letting Sega drive Sonic even further into the ground.

You never even played it...

Which is why I said "looks like". The game doesn't look remotely appealing to me, never mind looking graphically comparable to a PS4 game--and I've enjoyed some of the recent Sonics, particularly the Advance and Rush games. But this just doesn't look good or exciting, Lost World looked better than this pre-release and that didn't turn out particularly well.

You mean reviews where didn't even use run buttons and claims of a "slow" sonic...

No, I mean my own play time with the game.

Let me guess... You only liked 2D parts or you hate it because you can't grasp controls whiich is your fault...

Around the Network
Kyuu said:
It looked like a Wii game in earlier videos.. now it's looking more like a PS3 game! Good enough if you ask me.

Since when Wii graphic are PS3 like and sort of PS4 like PS3 levvel?

Not a Sonic fan, but I hope this one turns out good. Kinda look like a good old 3D platformer like the 64 era ones.

What? when i first saw the game it looked like a PS2 game running at higher resolution.

Bland colors fog etc etc.  (only the characters look better)

eyeofcore said:
Asriel said:

Let me guess... You only liked 2D parts or you hate it because you can't grasp controls whiich is your fault...

Obviously you aren't willing to listen to opinions that aren't your own. I'm not going to bother continuing this discussion with you, but you should attempt to understand that people have different opinions to you and there is such a thing as subjectivity. This game might look like a PS4 game to you, but to me it looks like another bland and below-par Sonic game. Let's leave it at that.

Around the Network

yes it does.

if PS4 visuals look like average PS3 visuals

Asriel said:
eyeofcore said:
Asriel said:

Obviously you aren't willing to listen to opinions that aren't your own. I'm not going to bother continuing this discussion with you, but you should attempt to understand that people have different opinions to you and there is such a thing as subjectivity. This game might look like a PS4 game to you, but to me it looks like another bland and below-par Sonic game. Let's leave it at that.

Bold; Do it baby, lie to yourself till you believe it...

Yet its not a Sonic game...

Honestly I think it doesn't even look like a good looking WiiU game. It's pretty mediocre, okay it's improved somewhat since the reveal trailer, but at some point I could literally count the pixels of some textures. And it wasn't because of the bad picture quality of the video.

It really looks good! Colurful, nice environments and so on. But what exactly is a "PS4 level"?

walsufnir said:
It really looks good! Colurful, nice environments and so on. But what exactly is a "PS4 level"?

That it kinda looks... Not there but close if it was 1080P60FPS...