By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sonic Boom Wii U visuals PlayStation 4 a like level?

Tagged games:

teigaga said:

Not really, although I'm sure there are some titles with similar visuals on PS4.

Very few games of this style are really are on the PS4 or even come close to pushing it. Skylanders although slightly different in artstyle looks considerably better keeping in mind its a cross gen game.

Skylanders at least has an in-house engine that was developed for years...

Around the Network

Looks like another sadly mediocre Sonic game to me.

Nintendo should be throwing money at Shining Force, given they work so closely with Camelot, instead of letting Sega drive Sonic even further into the ground.

Well, isn't this game being made by a company founded by former naughty Dogs employees? I have some hopes for Big Red Button Studio.

It does look pretty, but i don't know to what i should compare. I do like the visuals better than i did for Knack...

Asriel said:

Nintendo should be throwing money at Shining Force, given they work so closely with Camelot, instead of letting Sega drive Sonic even further into the ground.

You never even played it...

vkaraujo said:
Well, isn't this game being made by a company founded by former naughty Dogs employees? I have some hopes for Big Red Button Studio.

It does look pretty, but i don't know to what i should compare. I do like the visuals better than i did for Knack...

Knack looked like Polygons and shaders have been puked out by PS4... Waste of processing power...

Around the Network
Sh1nn said:
joke thread ?

If so, at least it's pointed in a positive direction and not a negative one.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Nothing to compare too...

Anyway the game is going to look better than people were saying before.
People need to stop condemning every game when they see early footage. They always tend to get better, specially on Nintendo consoles.

Devil's Third I'm looking at you...

eyeofcore said:
Asriel said:

You never even played it...

Which is why I said "looks like". The game doesn't look remotely appealing to me, never mind looking graphically comparable to a PS4 game--and I've enjoyed some of the recent Sonics, particularly the Advance and Rush games. But this just doesn't look good or exciting, Lost World looked better than this pre-release and that didn't turn out particularly well.

Is it a joke thread?

Looks more like something on the PS3 than PS4 (specifically Ratchet & Clank). Actually looks a little worse to me, but i can't tell if that's because i prefer R&C's art style or because of a genuine graphical difference.

Still, it's not a bad looking game by any stretch of the imagination.