By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Koei Tecmo: "Hyrule Warriors meets sales expectations in Japan, above expectations overseas"

do you think we will get a sequel to Hyrule Warriors?

hell yeah round 2 baby 119 70.83%

no more kicking the ass of brainless enemies 49 29.17%

Total:168

This game sold like 120k in Japan right?

Around the Network
Clyde32 said:
Zekkyou said:

I meant more in reference to the specific regions they were mentioning, and the time frame :p Though if their LT WW target is 1m, then HW shouldn't have too much of an issue exceeding that.

It's quite a reasonable target actually. Accounts for the potential benefit of having the Zelda brand attached, but doesn't assume said brand will somehow leads to countless sales (not that i'd ever imply any developers/publisherwould set unrEasonable sales expectations).

I laughed. Just saying. 

Don't laugh at me :(

That is good news. As long as costs were covered and developers got their paycheck. Everything else for the rest of its life is gravy.

KyleeStrutt said:
This game sold like 120k in Japan right?

If only there was some kind of website that had this information, a site that maybe tracked video game sales data or something. But where on earth would you find such a thing?

:P Just teasing. VGC has it at 112k after 9 weeks in Japan. Pretty sure it dropped off the Media Create / Famitsu charts weeks ago, the most recent number I see from them is in that same 100k-115k range.

It's cool, the game is a good Warriors game, it deserve those sales.

Koei is cool. Maybe we will not get a zelda warriors next, but maybe a Zelda Kessen ? It could be great : D

Around the Network
Maraccuda said:
They probably expected 600k in the West.

Good on the game for passing expectations BUT I am not sure if I really want a sequel. I enjoy Warriors games but too many in such a short time is bad.
Maybe add on packs in years time that adds a full games worth of content?
Or a sequel in no earlier than 2 years.

Id be happy for a sequel... On Nintendos next hardware. I feel like extra grunt would make it more epic and allow for more dynamic gameplay. This would remove the feeling of "ive already put 100s of hours into this not long ago". Good game, just becomes very grindy and i definately need a break for a while before I return to it
(probaby once all DLC is released)

As much as I enjoyed HW, I don't want a sequel.
Once was enough, I have no desire for more.

Good for them =D

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

the_dengle said:
That's preposterous, I've been told expectations for HW sales should be on-par with traditional Zelda sales. The game's publisher must not understand what kind of game they made and are obviously incorrect about their own expectations.

Furthermore how dare they set their expectations so low that they can be pleased with a measley few hundred thousand sales, don't they know that's not how things are done anymore, don't they know they're supposed to be disappointed with any game that fails to sell several million copies

This was I wanted to post ...

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

MoHasanie said:
Their overseas expectations must have been very low.

The Dynasty/Samurai/Whatever Warrior games while popular aren't exactly blockbusters in terms of sales outside of Japan.  And given this game was probably made with a firm budget in mind due to Nintendo being involved it will probably wind up making a decent profit.