By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - X1 available for $350 in the US this holiday season & $50 slashed off every bundle (starts Nov 2nd)

ktay95 said:
Moyu said:
Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Fixed, at least finish the saying =P

QFT :)

or just another quote:

"Xbox One is doing very well, despite the naysayers" ^,^

Around the Network
cpg716 said:

So if the division is healthy and there isnt any problems then why do we have articles like this going around?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/adamhartung/2014/02/18/microsoft-should-give-xbox-one-to-nintendo/

Fact is the divisions isnt as strong as the rest of their divisions. Its not showing the growth that are keeping investors happy. Now its not losing money but its absolutely below the profits of other divisions soan arguement can absolutely be made that its dragging things down. Which is why there is people talking about xbox getting sold off. You get talk like that about healthy companies if the division isnt having some problems. 

Um.. Forbes?  Really?   Pay attention to 90% of Forbes articles and you will learn why referenencing them in this conversation is futile.. 

Microsoft has been "selling" off Xbox since Xbox existed..    It's always being "rumored" because Microsoft was NEVER a hardware company. Same reason we get weekly reports they are getting rid of their Surface tablets..    Yet their earnings just showed that by the end of 2014, their Surface tablets will be their next BILLION dollar child.
"

If you look down you can see more links. The site or contribution isnt the question the subject matter is. Fact is new CEOs and investors are asking for changes. Couple that with how the console is performing, the market changing, the companies focus and you get people talking.

EVERY GAMERS WORST NIGHTMARE...THE TANGLING CABLES MONSTER!

Coffee is for closers!

I'll just say I called this.

Another price cut, or at the very least a great priced bundle, is surely incoming to the UK. Base price of £330 compared to $350 isn't exactly attractive, and that is pretty much the only territory right now that is worth going after outside of the US

Wow! I am genuinely very surprised by this!

Looks like it's Do or Die for Xbox One at this point. This will certainly help holiday sales. But if the price goes back up at the end, we could see some very low sales in 2015.

Once you do a price drop, there's no going back. I expect this "promotion" to become permanent.

"Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

-Samuel Clemens

Around the Network

$299 tomb raider bundle next holidays

Thanks jlmurph!

starcraft said:

Titanfall on PS4? Link?

At this stage, Rise of the Tomb Raider is not confirmed for any console other than the Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

Titanfall director tweet about releasing a Titanfall game on PS4. 

And about Tomb Raider, it has being confirmed by Phil Spencer that it's in fact a timed exclusive even if they were not eager to use those exact words. 

"Yes, the deal has a duration," the head of Xbox said. "I didn't buy it. I don't own the franchise."

They tried to confuse people at first and then they were forced to tell the true in the Eurogamer interview with "duration". But it means exactly the same as "timed". Do you really think after the "duration" SE will chose not to release the game on others hardware? Considering the PS4 version of TRDE was the most sold?

Hooray, we will see more cheaper Xbox One unit next year. Probably we will see below 300 USD starting next year. My prediction June 2015 we will see a lot from big retailer like games stop or Amazon. Well I will get Xbox one if the price is 200 USD, off course it will not happen soon, but we will see that sooner :).

Unfortunately MS has said that this deal won't extend to the Canada or the UK . But the price drop still could come to those countries.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

This will only be viewed as desperate if customers would go woah MS may be getting out of the console business if this doesn't work. In other words it wont. After all PS3 dropped $100 per year the first 3 years of its life. People didn't then go woah Sony is in dire straights this could be a bad purchase. So enough with the drama and the use of the word desperate.

Also if you are going to even think about MS losing money on Xbox you really need to check the SEC filings. Just last week MS put out 1st qtr FY2015 reports and it was another profitable quarter for Game Hardware sector of the business and Game Software sector of the business. It has been years since division with Xbox has had a loss.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.