By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - X1 available for $350 in the US this holiday season & $50 slashed off every bundle (starts Nov 2nd)

Captain_Tom said:
ethomaz said:

Nothing to disagree or anything else but Insomniac Games never did a PC game before.

^Only legit excuse I have seen so far as to why Sunset might not come to PC.  If Alan Wake, Mass Effect, and Dead Rising 3 eventually came to PC; then I see no reason why Sunet wouldn't unless PC development scares insomniac.  Then again this would be an excellent opportunity to get over that fear ;)

If we go back to 2013, they had never done a X1 game too, so...

Around the Network

as long you don't show me any interesting exclusive worth buying, you can drop your price to 0$ and i still wouldn't be interested. just saying microsoft.

kowenicki said:
Lafiel said:
man-bear-pig said:
Ali_16x said:
They have had these types of deals since the launch of of Xbox One. I really wonder how much money they are losing on all these deals and bundles.

It really doesn't matter...they'll make ~$6bn in profit this quarter regardless

investors won't tolerate a division dragging down the results forever though

if money was no problem they could have easily released a twice as powerful machine at $300 with Kinect included and taken over home console business for good

Can you show me where their recent results have been "dragged down"?

You dont know what you are talking about.

Stop just repeating the same old mantra you have read elsewhere.  Its old, its wrong and its boring.

All the manufacturers have investors.  All the manufacturers have sufferend heavy losses at one time or another.  Its business.  Right now, the xbox gaming part of the devices division isnt dragging anything down.  Which you would know if you cared to investigate rather than regurgitate the same old nonsense.

So if the division is healthy and there isnt any problems then why do we have articles like this going around?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/adamhartung/2014/02/18/microsoft-should-give-xbox-one-to-nintendo/

Fact is the divisions isnt as strong as the rest of their divisions. Its not showing the growth that are keeping investors happy. Now its not losing money but its absolutely below the profits of other divisions soan arguement can absolutely be made that its dragging things down. Which is why there is people talking about xbox getting sold off. You get talk like that about healthy companies if the division isnt having some problems. 

EVERY GAMERS WORST NIGHTMARE...THE TANGLING CABLES MONSTER!

Coffee is for closers!

Nice deal. but at this point I will just wait. This deal will last for 2 months, so if sales do not jump to the point where it beats out a PS4 that does not adjust pricing then just expect another price drop to come next year.

Entry price has dropped by 30% already, and within just a year, plus they are adding games to that price as well. I expect more drops and/or game packages within the following year if this doesn't enable the XBox One to beat out PS4 in November and December, which I don't believe it will. PS4 just has crazy momentum and i'm not sure being $50 cheaper is going to make it suddenly vanish overnight.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

JamaicameCRAZY said:
kowenicki said:

Stop just repeating the same old mantra you have read elsewhere.  Its old, its wrong and its boring.

All the manufacturers have investors.  All the manufacturers have sufferend heavy losses at one time or another.  Its business.  Right now, the xbox gaming part of the devices division isnt dragging anything down.  Which you would know if you cared to investigate rather than regurgitate the same old nonsense.

So if the division is healthy and there isnt any problems then why do we have articles like this going around?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/adamhartung/2014/02/18/microsoft-should-give-xbox-one-to-nintendo/

Fact is the divisions isnt as strong as the rest of their divisions. Its not showing the growth that are keeping investors happy. Now its not losing money but its absolutely below the profits of other divisions soan arguement can absolutely be made that its dragging things down. Which is why there is people talking about xbox getting sold off. You get talk like that about healthy companies if the division isnt having some problems. 

Ooo, you went and used a Forbes "contributor" as your source. Expect quite the response.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
Guitarguy said:
SvennoJ said:
I wonder if this deal comes to Canada. It's $300 WiiU, $400 XB1, $450 PS4 atm.

What are the current prices of standalone consoles in the US(no bundles, no Kinect etc)?

The same except the ps4 is $400 in US. PS4 started at CAD 400 and got raised to CAD 450.
The Canadian dollar is 1.124 to the US dollar atm, so we've been getting a discount on the XBox One and WiiU in comparison to the US. The game prices are now 65 to 70 here. (Except PC: Civ Beyond Earth was still 50 for the physical release)

Vasto said:
ethomaz said:

This is the right price for the Kinect SKU, Kinectless needs to drop to $300.

I still think $299 is the price its should be. With free game of course.

i still think the ps4 schould be 199, so i can buy one

Um.. Forbes?  Really?   Pay attention to 90% of Forbes articles and you will learn why referenencing them in this conversation is futile.. 

Microsoft has been "selling" off Xbox since Xbox existed..    It's always being "rumored" because Microsoft was NEVER a hardware company. Same reason we get weekly reports they are getting rid of their Surface tablets..    Yet their earnings just showed that by the end of 2014, their Surface tablets will be their next BILLION dollar child.
"

XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m

Euphoria14 said:
JamaicameCRAZY said:
kowenicki said:

Ooo, you went and used a Forbes "contributor" as your source. Expect quite the response.

I have plenty of links. ;) 

http://www.eteknix.com/microsoft-investor-wants-to-fire-ballmer-and-sell-xbox-division/

http://www.theverge.com/2014/5/6/5686380/bill-gates-comments-on-potential-microsoft-xbox-sale

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/08/25/should-microsoft-sell-xbox-entertainment-studios.aspx

last link is a pretty good read. 

"Xbox Entertainment Studios doesn't fit into the One Windows philosophy either -- it's simply an extension of the Xbox business that makes the struggling segment even more top heavy. The Xbox division generated $8.6 billion in revenue in fiscal 2014, a 22% increase from 2013, but it's unclear how much money the business actually loses. Nomura Securities analyst Rick Sherlund suggested last November that Microsoft actually loses around $2 billion annually on the Xbox, but the losses are hidden behind patent royalties from Android devices.

An IHS iSuppli teardown revealed that the Xbox One, minus the Kinect, costs about $396 to manufacture. This means Microsoft takes big losses with new bundles, like the $400 Sunset Overdrive bundle which will arrive on October 28. Microsoft needs to sell more consoles to recoup those losses with its cut of software revenue."

EVERY GAMERS WORST NIGHTMARE...THE TANGLING CABLES MONSTER!

Coffee is for closers!

As always, MS only seems to care about the US (and the UK sometimes). Why not do a worldwide promotion?

Anyway, this is a good move and will ensure great sales in Nov+Dec in the US. Whether it can outsell PS4 at that price is anyone's guess but I think they'll be close. If Sony responds with a temporary price cut too nothing will change

The One and Only

VizionEck.com