By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bold Prediction: 3DS will sell 100m by end of LT

Will it?

You crazy, fool! 85 62.96%

I completely agree 50 37.04%

Total:135

I predict Nintendo just releases new parts for the 3ds with free installation of said parts anytime someone purchases them. Therefore, based on this, I predict the 3ds will sell 785 million lifetime by 2030 with a steady decline after.

Around the Network

Mummelmann said:

OT: It goes without saying; I do not believe that the 3DS will sell 100 million units lifetime.

You are extremely passionate about showing the mediocre sales of the 3DS.

Covert Nintendo hater? I think so.

It will be about 52M by end of this year.....so yes, it can!!!!

But I think 90m is more likely.....though that depends on NN3DS and also the games for the next few years.

NintendoPie said:

Mummelmann said:

OT: It goes without saying; I do not believe that the 3DS will sell 100 million units lifetime.

You are extremely pationate about showing the mediocre sales of the 3DS.

Covert Nintendo hater? I think so.

Not so much, rather I am very much opposed to people basing predictions on hopes and desire rather than reality. The reason I come off as passionate when it comes to 3DS (and Wii U) sales is that I spoke against the vast majority at a very early stage and now a bunch of users are turning towards the same conclusions years later and pretend they always saw it coming (and also because people are being very unrealistic and often downright ridiculous about these two machines).

I have been called a Nintendo hater before, especially in the UNITY thread. Nintendo critic is more like it; and a fairly good one at that, I have talked about how they need to change their recipes and market approach for years now and I actually did see their current situation(s) coming. There are very few who make legitimate criticism without any agenda; I feel free of this since I more or less detached myself entirely from console gaming in the (horrible) 7th gen and I don't believe I write unfair or untrue criticism for the most part. Thus; I don't consider myself a "hater".

PS: I was also very vocal against MS after E3 2013 and I said that their DRM talk and general attitude and, most of all, making Kinect mandatory, was a very poor move. Once more, on the money.

Predictions shouldn't be made out of hope. Also when talking about nintendo anyhting clear your head out of nostalgia, then and only then will tou make a level headed prediction. And this goes jot only to you but to everybody. Especially that wii u will be 2nd this gen thread.
OT: It won't a new successor will be out in 2016-2017 thus cutting 3ds legs short.

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:

Not so much, rather I am very much opposed to people basing predictions on hopes and desire rather than reality. The reason I come off as passionate when it comes to 3DS (and Wii U) sales is that I spoke against the vast majority at a very early stage and now a bunch of users are turning towards the same conclusions years later and pretend they always saw it coming (and also because people are being very unrealistic and often downright ridiculous about these two machines).

I have been called a Nintendo hater before, especially in the UNITY thread. Nintendo critic is more like it; and a fairly good one at that, I have talked about how they need to change their recipes and market approach for years now and I actually did see their current situation(s) coming. There are very few who make legitimate criticism without any agenda; I feel free of this since I more or less detached myself entirely from console gaming in the (horrible) 7th gen and I don't believe I write unfair or untrue criticism for the most part. Thus; I don't consider myself a "hater".

PS: I was also very vocal against MS after E3 2013 and I said that their DRM talk and general attitude and, most of all, making Kinect mandatory, was a very poor move. Once more, on the money.

Anyone could see that coming, don't pat yourself on the back too hard for that one.

And I know you aren't a Nintendo hater, you're just a Nintendo conspirator!

(Why the hell did I spell passionate with a 't'?)

I think the vita will get there first

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

I think it can reach 100m, we have at least 3 full years more of 3DS until Nintendo release a new handheld :) I´m hoping the N3DS will sell really well worldwide :P

That's just not going to happen.

Maybe you shouldn't have been conservative and go for 200M.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile