By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bold Prediction: 3DS will sell 100m by end of LT

Will it?

You crazy, fool! 85 62.96%

I completely agree 50 37.04%

Total:135

Depends how well the 3DSn takes off and what stellar software Nintendo brings to the 3DS over the next few years. Nintendo missed a big chance to have the 3DSn launch this holiday season in the states, but I guess they didn't want to cannibalize Wii U holiday sales. But 100M is possible.

"I think it will be the HDS"-Me in regards to Nintendo's next handheld.

Around the Network

I think it's possible, but not likely. Nintendo would have to do something drastic to get its lifetime sales to 100M.

"Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

-Samuel Clemens

DietSoap said:
at one point anything below 130 million would've been seen as way too conservative.

I don't think that was ever the case.

Even at the height of the DS's reign, the steady march of mobile devices was foreseeable.

I dont think ANY console this gen will reach 100mill. Period.

3DS will max out at about 80mill is my guess.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Definitely a possibility if New 3DS catches on. I mean the DS Lite is what truly made the DS a juggernaut.

Around the Network

Impossible. 65-70 million. If the n3DS becomes a big hit, then 80 million is possible 

Seriously doubt it. Love the 3DS, but even being generous I'd say 3DS would be lucky to end up outselling the Game Boy Advance. I'd guess it'll sell somewhere between 70-85m.

Its possible, but there needs to be a library of compelling n3DS games to make it a must have. If this happens then the system can skyrocket again.

100M should be at its reach if Ninty doesn't commit too many mistakes.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Only they refuse to release a successor til like 2018 lol