By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Last Story Vs Pandora's Tower.

Tagged games:

Which was better?

The Last Story 17 30.91%

Pandora's Tower 7 12.73%

Xenoblade Chronicles (see results) 31 56.36%

Total:55
Maraccuda said:
Last Story was better, but both were good ALTHOUGH they both could have used some extra polish.

Wouldnt mind a Last Story 2 in the way Final Fantasy gets sequels.

I have to say I would be very surprised if it doesn't. It doesn't seem like a Hironobu Sakaguchi game at all if The Last Story actually is last.

Around the Network
XanderXT said:

The other 2 games of Project Rainfall.

Which had the better setting?

Which had the better character designs?

Which had the better music?

Which was the better RPG?

Which had the more likeable characters?

Which had the better character designs.

Which was better overall?

The Last Story. In fact TLS if my fave game from last gen.

PT isn't really an RPG. It's more like a castlevania game/ dungeon crawler

I'd have to go TLS in all categories. I found it's mix of rpg and dungeon crawler interesting and engaging. The armor and weapon system was extremely streamlined which was a very welcome decision from my standpoint. The only 3 things i can remotely complain about are as follows. The game just doesn't have great visuals. The character design is cool, but the execution shows of the wii's weak hardware. The main female character's voice (can't remember her name right now, but i can hum her song :) } didn't sound right to me. She acted well, but it caught me off guard her voice wasn't higher pitched like most anime chicks. For as good as the story was, it felt like it skipped about 3 hours of story telling between the climax and the ending.
PT, was alot easier to follow since the story was much simpler and the gameplay was much easier (and more conventional) to grasp.
As for music, it doesn't get better than nobue uematsu. I kinda want him to do music for a retro rpg. one with no dialogue so that musical themes do the talking again.

Don't really know much about either game but when it comes to sound I have to go with the Last Story you can't go wrong with Nobuo Uematsu.

Huh, looks like Xenoblade Chronicles isn't liked at all.

Around the Network
CarcharodonKraz said:
The main female character's voice (can't remember her name right now, but i can hum her song :) } didn't sound right to me. She acted well, but it caught me off guard her voice wasn't higher pitched like most anime chicks. 

I actually liked that she wasn't shrill and helium-voiced like most anime chicks, I find those kind of voices annoying.

The Last Story by far

I love it, not as much as Xenoblade of course. Actually, The Last Story ending > Xenoblade

The One Ruling Eveything one of the best final boss themes I've ever heard

TLS=XBC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>PT
XBC became to grindy and boring, TLS was too short but remained fun the whole way through (both could have done with better hardware). PT on the other hand, well I beat the first tower and got bored... at least I have that beautiful artbook for it though

The Last Story is a RPG game, Pandora's Tower has some RPG elements but is more an action-adventure game

RolStoppable said:
spurgeonryan said:
RolStoppable said:
Pandora's Tower wins all categories.

Did you give it a better review than TLS, or just enjoyed it more?

I didn't write a review for either game, but I would rate Pandora's Tower in the 7 range and The Last Story in the 5 range.

Someone played around with your keyboard and reorganized the numbers on your numpad.