By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Last Story Vs Pandora's Tower.

Tagged games:

Which was better?

The Last Story 17 30.91%

Pandora's Tower 7 12.73%

Xenoblade Chronicles (see results) 31 56.36%

Total:55

I only played the last story and i was very disappointed with it. It was an extremely simplistic game, very closed off and slow paced. Definitly could not see what the buzz was about.

Xenoblade chronicles was amazing though.

Around the Network

Why isn't there a "see results" vote?! I wanna see who's winning, but I take it that TLS is whopping ass? I've been thinking about getting these two games, but am not too sure...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

bigtakilla said:
XanderXT said:
bigtakilla said:
XanderXT said:
I feel sorry for Pandora's Tower.

You shouldn't. a lot of people liked Pandora's Tower, but one was made by Mistwalker (a loved and respected development team whose members resumes would look insane) and the other was made by Ganbarion (a dev team that..... I never heard of, but they have mostly made One Peice games). 

Both are solid games, but it's obvious most people were going to like TLS better. 

What games have the staff of Mistwalker made? Is it better than Monolith Soft?

Here's a list of the head of Mistwalkers games.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hironobu_Sakaguchi He designed and wrote the original story for FFVII, enough said.

As well as their composer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nobuo_Uematsu

Wait, Nintendo had the guy who wrote FF7 make a game for them? Wow!

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

The_Sony_Girl1 said:

Doesn't seem that way to me.

"Series creator Hironobu Sakaguchi originally planned for the story to take place in New York in the year 1999, and as such, the original script of Final Fantasy VII, which was written by Sakaguchi, was completely different from the finished product."

He did direct FF II through V though. And created the series. He designed Chrono Trigger, too.

Xenoblade is the master piece. Everyone agree??

But While I have to finish The LAst Story to have a proper opinion about it. I can say Pandora's Tower is a great game too. It doesnt reaches the quality of monolith soft game, but it is a great game. Is an action adventure with some RPG elements. The story is good, the characters are well done and iconics. The enemies dessign is great (specially the bosses). The level disign is great too and the music is superb. Also the game is replayable because it has som unlockable material and different finals..

Pandora's Tower is not a game with a great game behind but is one of those kind of games that defines a machine and deserves to be played and ejoyed in all it greatness

Around the Network
Arfen said:

Definitely agree.

XBC: 9/10

TLS: 8/10

PT: 7/10

curl-6 said:
Arfen said:

Definitely agree.

Disagree with the review score a little, lol.

Xenoblade Chronicles 10/10. There is nothing they could have done to make it any better on the Wii. 

the_dengle said:
The_Sony_Girl1 said:

Doesn't seem that way to me.

"Series creator Hironobu Sakaguchi originally planned for the story to take place in New York in the year 1999, and as such, the original script of Final Fantasy VII, which was written by Sakaguchi, was completely different from the finished product."

He did direct FF II through V though. And created the series. He designed Chrono Trigger, too.

While it is true that his script wasn't used, it still shows how important he was while at Squaresoft. Most devs today can only dream of being part of the creative process of so many masterpieces.

bigtakilla said:
curl-6 said:
Arfen said:

Definitely agree.

Xenoblade Chronicles 10/10. There is nothing they could have done to make it any better on the Wii. 

The game can be a 10/10 cos it is a master piece, but it has some issues to solve... Some special enemies can't be found if you do something not in the right time, The games demands a bestiary. Also some enemies are much more difficult to beat that the final boss.

I love the game and is one of my all time favs and maybe my fav from last gen. But yeah it can be polished in some things

Arfen said:
bigtakilla said:
curl-6 said:
Arfen said:

Definitely agree.

The game can be a 10/10 cos it is a master piece, but it has some issues to solve... Some special enemies can't be found if you do something not in the right time, The games demands a bestiary. Also some enemies are much more difficult to beat that the final boss.

I love the game and is one of my all time favs and maybe my fav from last gen. But yeah it can be polished in some things

If you talk to the people in the town they will tell you the time of day it has to be to find the special enemies, and some enemies being stronger than the final boss I don't view as a design flaw, most games have enemies stronger than the final boss especially in open World JRPGs.