By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mewtwo is on his way to Smash

nomad said:
I'm beginning to think perhaps it would have been better if they just left Mewtwo out.

Im surprised by this, truly am. I cant believe wha im hearing XD

Around the Network
platformmaster918 said:
tbone51 said:

it is.  They had him in Melee and didn't charge now he needs to be paid hundreds of dollars for (3DS plus Smash 3DS)?  Isn't it enough that they're getting sales from two versions?  Isn't it enough to just charge a couple bucks for him?

Are you really using this as an excuse^ As for your "Isn't it enough to just charge a couple bucks for him?" comment, who said they aren't?

tbone51 said:
platformmaster918 said:
tbone51 said:

it is.  They had him in Melee and didn't charge now he needs to be paid hundreds of dollars for (3DS plus Smash 3DS)?  Isn't it enough that they're getting sales from two versions?  Isn't it enough to just charge a couple bucks for him?

Are you really using this as an excuse^ As for your "Isn't it enough to just charge a couple bucks for him?" comment, who said they aren't?

The problem is, quite simply, nobody's said they would.

noname2200 said:
tbone51 said:
platformmaster918 said:
tbone51 said:

The problem is, quite simply, nobody's said they would.

They dont need to say it, Mewtwo was just announced and you can get him for free. They didn't say its theonly way to get himby purchasing both games.

Some people get upset about Mewtwo? Really?
Before the Mewtwo reveal everyone was happy with Smash 3DS / Wii U and now when some people get more content (for free) the shit storm starts!?
The logic of some people is surprising me.
The DLC will most likely be available for everyone through the eshop.
Yeah it would probably be better if we don't get mewtwo at all! Because fuck logic, that's why.

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

Around the Network
RealGamingExpert said:
Before the Mewtwo reveal everyone was happy with Smash 3DS / Wii U and now when some people get more content (for free) the shit storm starts!?
Yeah it would probably be better if we don't get mewtwo at all! Because fuck logic, that's why.

Because every Nintendo fan buys both versions?

Nintendo and PC gamer

Ljink96 said:
I don't think they'll stop here. I wonder how Roy and Pichu feel. The only Melee guys left out. Young link is basically Toon Link now. Maybe Roy will return.

Roy is a character from an old Fire emblem game that never released outside japan. I'm not sure he will be relevant enough to be brought backwhen you already got so many good characters from the series. Theres so much they could pick from the newer series aswell. Imagine making the black knight from FE PoR and RD a playable character. Actually he would make an awesome boss character for the game.

tbone51 said:

They dont need to say it, Mewtwo was just announced and you can get him for free. They didn't say its theonly way to get himby purchasing both games.

In a world of exclusive DLC - amongst other shitty anti-consumer game industry practices - I don't think it's unreasonable at all to believe that purchasing two copies of the game may be the sole manner of getting te character, even if it's not the safe bet either. You're upset with others for assuming that he can't be purchased individually, yet you're equally guilty of assuming that he will be.

The only facts we know of right now are that Mewtwo is coming, and people who have registered both copies of the game on their Club Nintendo account will get him. No other method of acquiring him was mentioned, notwithstanding that this would be a logical place to do so. It's probably just sloppy messaging, or a disingenuous way of getting people to rush out and buy both copies, but I don't believe it's fair to blast folks for grumbling at this stage.

osed125 said:
RealGamingExpert said:

Because every Nintendo fan buys both versions?

Then buy the DLC when it's on the Eshop.

Nintendo said on twitter that you can get mewtwo for free for a limited amount of time.

Do you think he will just disappear after? They will put him on the Eshop so that everyone can buy it.

Of course they won't say that now, they have games to sell.

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

I don't understand all of the complaining about Mewtwo. Let's put it this way:

Which would you prefer?

Mewtwo only being available to those who buy both versions (which might not even be the situation we are in),

or

Mewtwo not existing?

I think the answer is obvious. There is absolutely nothing wrong with companies rewarding their customers for supporting them well.

NNID: garretslarrity

Steam: garretslarrity