By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Assassin's creed Unity PC version System requirements are crazy

OMG!!! Unfreakin' real! 256kb UPLOAD!??

Seriously though, these specs are crazy high. My gtx560 doesn't meet the min :( and I have a i5 2500k too. Boo!

Around the Network
Kirin_gaming said:
Well at least their not asking for 6gb of gfx memory,that one scared quite a few ppl.

6GB is an OPTION.  I applaud those devs for allowing people to take full advantage of their hardware.  If you only have 2GB then it is fine, medium settings will look great!

Holy shit.

Did they even bother to optimize this game? 7970 is a minimum? And they "recommend" top of the line GPU chipsets? This isn't "we didn't optimize" this is straight up an attempt to make the PC version unappealing so that we buy it where they'll have higher revenue stream... why even bother with a PC release.

I meet the recommended specs but thats way too steep.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Kane1389 said:
zarx said:
I would say this would say this another count of over inflated system requirements (like The Evil Within and Shadow of Mordor) but this is Ubisoft so maybe it just is that unoptimized.

This game is way more demanding than both of those games, but yeah, Ubisoft is terrible for optimizing and they ar e even intentionally gimping the PS4 version as well 

The Evil Within runs at 1920x768 on PS4 (even lower 1600x640 on XBOne) which is 1474560 pixels, Unity at 900p is 1440000 and both have frequent drops below 30fps on consoles. So it's atually about as demanding as Unity given it has similar performance on the same consoles.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network

lol I have "only" a GTX580.

Not that I'm planning to play any AC on a PC, but still.

It should be noted that these specs may not be accurate. They aren't from an official source after all.

Edit: welp, spoke to soon

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=135520699#post135520699

@TheVoxelman on twitter

ACUnity PC Port like many others get outsourced to the small studio in the Ukraine.
"Ubisoft"(those working in the main studios) doesn't make the PC Port - Its those dudes again and most of their stuff is unoptimized garbage.

You can see this requirements list as 1 thing
A Guideline to see which hardware will probably be enough to simpy overpower that unoptimzed game.

If this doesn't work it will run like poo even with a 980GTX and other nice things.
Ubisoft doesn't care otherwise they would develop the PC Ports in house but they outsource it.
PC Ports aren't worth the effort for 9/10 Studios - If you want to play the stuff there simply overpower everything and hope some dudes on the internet fix the mess they created.

This combined with uPlay and typically delayeds ports doesn't make Ubi's image as a PC publisher any better, that's for sure! That also happens to be the reason I don't buy their games anymore.

Wontforget said:

ACUnity PC Port like many others get outsourced to the small studio in the Ukraine.
"Ubisoft"(those working in the main studios) doesn't make the PC Port - Its those dudes again and most of their stuff is unoptimized garbage.

You can see this requirements list as 1 thing
A Guideline to see which hardware will probably be enough to simpy overpower that unoptimzed game.

If this doesn't work it will run like poo even with a 980GTX and other nice things.
Ubisoft doesn't care otherwise they would develop the PC Ports in house but they outsource it.
PC Ports aren't worth the effort for 9/10 Studios - If you want to play the stuff there simply overpower everything and hope some dudes on the internet fix the mess they created.

Ubisoft Kiev isn't that small, they have over 75 developers.

@TheVoxelman on twitter