By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Assassin's creed Unity PC version System requirements are crazy

Emperorbach said:
why consoles are awesome

Because they will have worse performance than the min PC spec?

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network

This isnt just ubisoft incompetency, games will get higher system requirements due to new consoles, games are starting to demand more cores and better gpus. This will only get higher as cross gen ends.

zarx said:
Emperorbach said:
why consoles are awesome

Just let it go, it isn't worth it.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

zarx said:
Emperorbach said:
why consoles are awesome

Because my console can play this game and my expensive computer apparently can't...

So much for all that talk about how a middle class PC from last year will run all games in the next 10 years in console quality. I mean, I get that it would be possible from a technical standpoint. But this right here shows us quite well what reality does look like. Publishers and developers just don't want to spend too much time and money on optimization. And why should they? It's just not worth the effort, because the sales for PC are relatively low and some study showed some weeks ago that around 50 % of gamers are waiting for steam deals or something. So in this gen, like always, you're gonna need to upgrade a PC every 2 years to play the latest games in highest settings.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
zarx said:
Emperorbach said:
why consoles are awesome

Because my console can play this game and my expensive computer apparently can't...

My little brother played Shadow of Mordor at mid settings on a PC that was below min spec. Chances are high that these specs are bullshit.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

I am with a R9 270X and i am below minimum requirements wtf

PC has an ancient architecture from the 80's plus a terrible software like DirectX and OpenGL that takes up to 50% of it's raw power.
This is what John Carmack has been saying for over a year (you need a 3.68 Teraflop GPU on PC in order to match PS4's GPU ).

So the i7(4/8)@3,5GHz + 8GB of RAM + R9290 2GB is a pretty reasonable config if you want to play modern games in 1080p/60fps in high setings on a PC.

Also I agree with OdinHades, games on consoles are selling in millions while on PC in thousends, why developers should spent months of optimalization for the hardware that has more pirates than gamers?

Turkish said:
This isnt just ubisoft incompetency, games will get higher system requirements due to new consoles, games are starting to demand more cores and better gpus. This will only get higher as cross gen ends.

1) The games runs on PS4

2) PC's that are much better than the PS4 at gaming are under the min specs requirements.

3) It does prove Ubisoft is not competent (if the specs are real)

zarx said:
Munkeh111 said:

My little brother played Shadow of Mordor at mid settings on a PC that was below min spec. Chances are high that these specs are bullshit.

Hence the bolding. But consoles certainly make everything simpler for me, without too much comprimise on the graphics for now