By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Assassin's creed Unity PC version System requirements are crazy

To be honest, the game visuals seem to justify the requirements.

Around the Network

Minimum and recommended AMD CPU are the same? I thought I was going good with 8320 which is the next model down...3.5Ghz 8 cores...
This is horrendous. A joke. I am blown away by this.

Its almost like they don't want people playing on PCs.

Hmmm, my i5-2500k runs at 5.0GHz, and my GTX 670s in SLI are both overclocked to GTX 680 power... Now if only they'd go back to proper SLI support for these games, I'd be reaping the benefits

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!
^^/

PC gamers getting the raw end of the stick. You really can't justify the money certain gamers spend on their rigs. 90% on games will only look slightly better than a console even on high settings.

why consoles are awesome

Around the Network

So my 3 year old PC apparently can't handle this...

It can play 2 year old Far Cry 3 in Ultra in 30fps... I've never found anything I can't play at Ultra with at least 30fps

But I can't play Unity at all

Suddently I feel so much better for not caring about AC anymore. But seriously, with those over-the-top requirements this port screams unoptimized more than anything else.

Now, with the PS4/X1 hardware being so close to PC this time, could it be that they just coded a virtual machine to run the "console code" of the game and call it a day?

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

LOL My PC couldn't even run its start screen and as I always build mid-low-power consumption PCs, probably neither my next PC will be able to run it if I build it too soon. But I'm wondering whether it can actually run on consoles.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Is this even legit? I ask because my PC manufacturer is gifting me a digital copy of that game for the computer that I bought (laptop) and he doesn't match the minimum requirement.

zero129 said:
Lucas-Rio said:
Is this even legit? I ask because my PC manufacturer is gifting me a digital copy of that game for the computer that I bought (laptop) and he doesn't match the minimum requirement.

I wouldnt say the specs are legit (But then this is UBISoft) and are simply being over exaggerated
 like Middle Earth. Now if it is legit it could just be that UBI dont want to admit that they are gimping every version of the game from PS4 version being locked at 900P@30FPS and PC version being highly unoptimized so UBI can say "Look at the specs thats needed to run it on PC trust me we got it running the best we could on PS4", I dont believe its running as good as it could on the PS4 as i believe since the X1 version is 900P@30FPS the PS4 version should at least be 1080P@30FPS and i also dont believe its been ported well to PC, What i do believe if all this is true is that UBISoft are in fact up to something O_o .

The GTX680 murder the PS4 easily, so if it is the best Ubisoft can do on PC with that hardware, and they can't do better than a PS4; it would just mean they have put no effort at all. They had a partnership with Nvidia I think for that game, it did n't help them. I still have a hard time beliving this chinese source.