By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Assassin's creed Unity PC version System requirements are crazy

my god. I have a 2500k so my CPU should be fine, but I am running a 6950 GPU which is the previous gen to what the min settings say.... yikes.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

UPDATE:
Ubisoft will cap the graphics settings on pc and make it 30FPS across all PCs for parity, Ubisoft does not want people to feel left out with lower spec PCs. This should also help to not start a debate.

Davman said:

I am with a R9 270X and i am below minimum requirements wtf

Same here D:

I call overinflated bullshit.

Bethesda have done it with a few games already, as has EA with SoM, so why not Ubisoft? My guess is the minimum spec will play at 1080p, 60fps, Ultra graphics settings. Recommended will be for 4K or something equally ridiculous.

I'm starting to get suspicious that publishers are striking deals with hardware manufacturers to over inflate their minimum specs. Bring on the conspiracy theories!

zarx said:
I would say this would say this another count of over inflated system requirements (like The Evil Within and Shadow of Mordor) but this is Ubisoft so maybe it just is that unoptimized.

I would say that Shadow of Mordor was inflated since it run on medium on my GTX650 in 1080p@30. But not The Evil Within. That piece of unoptimized garbage just runs at 720p in low, even if the visuals on ultra are worse than RE6.

Edit: Time to buy a 970.

Around the Network
zarx said:
Kane1389 said:
zarx said:
I would say this would say this another count of over inflated system requirements (like The Evil Within and Shadow of Mordor) but this is Ubisoft so maybe it just is that unoptimized.

This game is way more demanding than both of those games, but yeah, Ubisoft is terrible for optimizing and they ar e even intentionally gimping the PS4 version as well 

The Evil Within runs at 1920x768 on PS4 (even lower 1600x640 on XBOne) which is 1474560 pixels, Unity at 900p is 1440000 and both have frequent drops below 30fps on consoles. So it's atually about as demanding as Unity given it has similar performance on the same consoles.

Evil Within devs are simply technically incompetent, the graphical fidelty of the game doesnt look demanding at all. There are games on PS4 like Metro LL that look 10 times better with better resolution and 2x times better performance. It all depends on the developer 

Scoobes said:

Bethesda have done it with a few games already, as has EA with SoM, so why not Ubisoft? My guess is the minimum spec will play at 1080p, 60fps, Ultra graphics settings. Recommended will be for 4K or something equally ridiculous.

I'm starting to get suspicious that publishers are striking deals with hardware manufacturers to over inflate their minimum specs. Bring on the conspiracy theories!

Being Ubisoft, I wouldn't by that trick (but on medium or high, not ultra settings). After all, the min. CPU is miles better than what's inside in those consoles and the min. GPU is almost 50% more powerful too.

But as soon as the game launches we'll find out, either from reviews or from pissed users.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

OdinHades said:
So much for all that talk about how a middle class PC from last year will run all games in the next 10 years in console quality. I mean, I get that it would be possible from a technical standpoint. But this right here shows us quite well what reality does look like. Publishers and developers just don't want to spend too much time and money on optimization. And why should they? It's just not worth the effort, because the sales for PC are relatively low and some study showed some weeks ago that around 50 % of gamers are waiting for steam deals or something. So in this gen, like always, you're gonna need to upgrade a PC every 2 years to play the latest games in highest settings.

From all reports the current console build is a complete mess with the XBOne dropping to sub 20FPS, and it is 900P with low quality AA on consoles. I would be willing to bet that mid spec PC from last year would actually run the game at console quality. Tho chances are people wouldn't actually be happy with that level of perfomance and it would be a shame if they didn't allow you to turn down some of the more demanding effects that have a small impact on actual IQ, as these min requirements sugest it won't be scalable at all. A PC build matching the min specs will most likely run the game at far better than console quality, like it would pretty much every other multiplatform game so far. For example Dead Rising 3 which is a pretty shoddy PC port of a game that ran 720P with frequent dips below 30 FPS down as low as 15FPS on the XBone, doesn't drop below 30 FPS on a 680 at a resolution higher than 1080p, with even mid range cards hitting console level framerates at much higher resolution (when pared with a high end CPU anyway).

Ubisoft would have to fuck up pretty bad for Unity to be worse optimised... Or if you want a really unoptimised game

Keep in mind at that resolution on PS4 it frequently drops below 30FPS often to the low 20s. Or the horror that was Watch Dogs PC with it's broken texture streaming implementation (it doesn't do texture LOD like the console versions)

Remember Watch Dogs was targeted at 900P 30FPS on PS4 just like Unity.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

JEMC said:
Scoobes said:

Being Ubisoft, I wouldn't by that trick (but on medium or high, not ultra settings). After all, the min. CPU is miles better than what's inside in those consoles and the min. GPU is almost 50% more powerful too.

But as soon as the game launches we'll find out, either from reviews or from pissed users.

A 7970 is actually 100%+ more powerful than the GPU in the PS4, 1.8TF vs 3.7TF.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

zarx said:
JEMC said:
Scoobes said:

A 7970 is actually 100%+ more powerful than the GPU in the PS4, 1.8TF vs 3.7TF.

We all know that TeraFlops don't translate well into fps.

With that said, not even your above graphs show the 7970 being twice as fast as a 7870 and I actually compared an HD7870 (which I know is more powerful than what the PS4 has) with a GTX680 at Anand's bench:

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1034?vs=1348

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.