By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will Halo MCC be the biggest flop for a Halo game?

Halo MCC will be a flop?

Yes 138 45.70%

No 163 53.97%

Total:301

...Maybe, but the pre order are undertracked.

I predict 300K first week in USA for Halo MCC.

Around the Network

Lol. CEA didn't flop. It was a remake that still sold 1/3 of CE while only having the Campaign and a map pack to the already a mainline Halo out, Reach.

There is no "Main" Halo game out on the One right now and the MCC is a collection of all 4 main Halo games, with EVERYTHING INCLUDED. This game will not "flop", and will only be limited in sales by the currently small user base of the One.

And to use VGC Pre order charts... lol

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

I would be really surprised if it sold as much or less than the HCE remake.
There's a ton of content in that package to really sell the game and sell a lot of consoles based on that.

Will it be a flop if it doesn't sell like a new installment? Don't think so

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Why does the thread title make it sound as if the halo franchise has had numerous flops?

Around the Network

It will sell better then what Sony fans expect and worst then what Microsoft fans expect

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

KylieDog said:

It'll only sell if it gets mass bundled or price cut heavily.

It's already selling well though. I Pre-ordered it of ms store(no way to track that but it has a ten dollar off) the and has been in the top twenty in Amazon consistently while gaining rank in 2014 best sellers list

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

Nahhh, it'll sell more than Halo: CEA

Currently Halo MCC is number 89 on Amazon's yearly total best seller list. It is the only game up for preorder on the list meaning on Amazon at least it would currently be the game with the most total preorders. 

While Amazon is by no means the biggest retailer for video games I can't imagine that other retailers have such a massive difference in preorders that it is actually number 16 on the preorder charts.

Sadly other sites don't have total preorders for the year but it is also currently

number 6 on gamestop's website
number 1 on bestbuy's website

maybe, but I dont think halo games have ever flopped.

Systems Owned: PS1, PS2, PS3,PS4, Wii, WiiU, xbox, xbox 360, xbox one