Good 14 16.87%

Total:83
kljesta64 said:
Soriku said:
kljesta64 said:
Soriku said:
kljesta64 said:

Leadified said:

Evolution is accepted by virtually every scientist in the Western world and is defined as a fact. 

again this evolution is fact nonsense.

show me one proof where one 'species' a fish for example evolved into another 'species'  an ape,dog,chihuahua,human...

You're not going to have modern day fish evolve into modern day apes, dogs, etc. They're on a different branch.

Even if it happened, it would take much longer than the the average human lifespan of 70-80 years. So even if it could happen, you wouldn't be alive to see it, and so you wouldn't believe in it.

We've already seen changes happening in bacteria and fruit flies FYI. Given enough changes, enough diversity (mutations and natural selection), and enough time, new species can form.

'can form' is not a fact right ? 

They have formed.

I personally find it strange that it's quite believeable for people that a mere sperm and egg can turn into a fetus --> baby --> child --> teenager --> adult yet evolution is some sort of impossibility.

theres no tangible evidence therefore NO.

theres no place for personal believes. and birth has nothing to do with the evolution 'theory'.

I don't think you know what "tangible" means.
edit: That, or you don't know what "evidence" means.  One or the other.

Around the Network
MDMAlliance said:
kljesta64 said:
Soriku said:
kljesta64 said:
Soriku said:
kljesta64 said:

Leadified said:

Evolution is accepted by virtually every scientist in the Western world and is defined as a fact. 

again this evolution is fact nonsense.

show me one proof where one 'species' a fish for example evolved into another 'species'  an ape,dog,chihuahua,human...

You're not going to have modern day fish evolve into modern day apes, dogs, etc. They're on a different branch.

Even if it happened, it would take much longer than the the average human lifespan of 70-80 years. So even if it could happen, you wouldn't be alive to see it, and so you wouldn't believe in it.

We've already seen changes happening in bacteria and fruit flies FYI. Given enough changes, enough diversity (mutations and natural selection), and enough time, new species can form.

'can form' is not a fact right ? 

They have formed.

I personally find it strange that it's quite believeable for people that a mere sperm and egg can turn into a fetus --> baby --> child --> teenager --> adult yet evolution is some sort of impossibility.

theres no place for personal believes. and birth has nothing to do with the evolution 'theory'.

tell me.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

WagnerPaiva said:

These graphics are so ridiculous that they really do all the debunking for me. If these animals evolved from each other, why are they all still here?

Let me tell you why: God Almighty, the one and only, all glory deserving, created them all.

A similar design does not mean a common ancestor, means that the Designer whas the same.

They aren't all still here...at least in the graph involving ancient humans. In the others, it appears to be just a list of extant species. Many of the transitional phases (many of which have been identified) went extinct long ago. 

Also, just for clarification, the idea that humans are the pinnacle of evolution and that all species evolve in the same direction is wrong and only held by people who are ignorant about the ways that evolution works. 

Nintentacle said:

Yes, I want modern day evidence of normal fish eventually getting legs. If we can supposively find animals from earlier stages of Evolution, there's no reason we wouldn't be able to find animals from "between" two species.

If you can't find a fish with legs that is millions of years old, then the only opinion would be to study certain species throughout a lot of generations.

Ever heard of Tiktaalik? One of the huge missing links between fish and amphibians found about 10 years ago and dates back about 375 million years...satisfied?

One of the main strengths of the evolutionary theory is its use as a predictive model. We can use what we know to fill in gaps in our understanding and say, in this place, at this time, we should find something with these characteristics, and as shown with the Tiktaalik, exactly that can happen. 

kljesta64 said:

How is a huge fossil record and a multitude of records of microevolution "no tangible evidence"?

Nintentacle said:

We still have no observable evidence.

We do, we're just limited on how large a scale we can watch it happen. If it's something like a virus or bacteria that has an incredibly short life cycle, we can see it evolve rapidly (providing the environment encourages it, of course). Why do you think there is such a strong push to limit our use of antibiotics? Because out excessive use of them is leading to the rapid evolution of some types of bacteria, resulting in 'super bacteria' (ones that are immune to antibiotics).

It's perfectly understandable for some people to believe evolution hasn't happend, but there is no deny that it can happen. That, combined with how closely nit many species are (as well as the various types of the same animal, each specialized to their environment) is why it's so widely believed.

The best example is the 'tall world' situation. Two tall parents are considerably more likely to have a tall child than two short parents. It's not a universal outcome (since there are other favors involved), but the probability of the child being tall is considerably higher for the former than the latter. So now that we have established a human's physiology can be directly influence by the passing on of genes, let's expand it to a hypothetical situation.

Let's say we live in a world where being tall is a huge survival advantage, due to [x] circumstances. This would mean tall people would generally be more sought after for mating than short people, and would likewise have the potential to survive in this world longer (thus have more opportunities to have kids). This would mean that, over the period of several generations, the humans race would get continually taller. That is, in essence, evolution.

The issue in observing it in things like humans is that we have long generations gaps (generally about 25 years). In the situation i explained above, where we have a direct environment challenge and a pre-existing gene to combat it, the process would still take hundreds of years for it to drastically affect our appearance. Shit's slow yo o/

kljesta64 said:
MDMAlliance said:

tell me.

Tangible: (oxford)
Clear and definitereal
Evidence: (oxford)
The available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true orvalid:
So, basically "tangible evidence" would be "facts or information" that is "real" (perceptible to touch is another definition) that "indicates whether" something is valid.  

Evolution most definitely has that.  

edit: Fossils are just one of the many "tangible evidence" that support the theory of Evolution.

Around the Network
MDMAlliance said:
kljesta64 said:
MDMAlliance said:

tell me.

Tangible: (oxford)
Clear and definitereal
Evidence: (oxford)
The available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true orvalid:
So, basically "tangible evidence" would be "facts or information" that is "real" (perceptible to touch is another definition) that "indicates whether" something is valid.  

Evolution most definitely has that.  

edit: Fossils are just one of the many "tangible evidence" that support the theory of Evolution.

OK. 

so you are basically saying evolution is not a fact like I do..right ? 

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Nintentacle said:
XanderXT said:

You're insulting the way of life of billions by making threads like these.

Well, I think they're wrong. There's no reason to care what other people think of me, or if they are offended by what I say.

You know, Christians should be Christlike, and Jesus said to love your neighbors and enemies as yourself. That means doing things that would please yourself, but doing to others. You wouldn't like Atheists to do threads like this would you? Also, Atheists, please leave this thread as this has nothing to do with evolution, but with RCC.

Nintentacle said:
Ka-pi96 said:
So... is there going to be one of these threads for every religion now?

Not for a few branches of Christianity and probably none for Atheism (I know It's not a religion, technically, but lack of belief is a belief!), except possibly the people who believe Darwinism.

Are you aware that the statements A is B and A is not B are at odds? The law of noncontradiction is rather rigidly established as a logical axiom.

Let us input your comment into logical form:

Let us represent 'Atheism' as 'A'. Let us represent 'Belief' as 'B'.

P1) A → !B

P2) !B → B

C) A → B

Do you see how P2 doesn't make any sense as all, having violated the law of noncontradiction? You've said that B is itself while also not itself. Which is to say that a toaster is a toaster and not a toaster. (T ^ !T) which can never obtain...

XanderXT said:
Nintentacle said:
XanderXT said:

Well, I think they're wrong. There's no reason to care what other people think of me, or if they are offended by what I say.

You know, Christians should be Christlike, and Jesus said to love your neighbors and enemies as yourself. That means doing things that would please yourself, but doing to others. You wouldn't like Atheists to do threads like this would you? Also, Atheists, please leave this thread as this has nothing to do with evolution, but with RCC.

I actually want Atheist to do this to Christianity. I haven't requested it so far because it feels out of place. If an Atheist is reading this, accept the challenge!

XanderXT said:
Nintentacle said:
XanderXT said:

And why can't atheists discuss about the Roman Catholic Church? The reason this thread has shifted towards evolution was because of 3rd post in this thread which started a chain and now is the main focus.