By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Explain: Sony abandoning the Vita

Simply Sony ignored the device. And now with the release os PS TV, vita support is completely null. The PS TV is going to sell even less that the Vita. Worst Sony idea ever made. No matter how much are you whining baby , Sony don't care about the Vita at all. Sorry about that. I bought a Vita long ago like you, but I sold it.

User was moderated for this post - Conegamer

Around the Network
technicalgamer said:

Simply Sony ignored the device. And now with the release os PS TV, vita support is completely null. The PS TV is going to sell even less that the Vita. Worst Sony idea ever made. No matter how much are you whining baby , Sony don't care about the Vita at all. Sorry about that. I bought a Vita long ago like you, but I sold it.

I wasn't going to respond to this, but for the record I've never owned a Sony Handheld, (not even phone). The last handheld I owned was a GBA SP.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

dharh said:
Suffice to say, this is the very reason I have completely given up on mobile gaming. If the only options are mobile phones and the 3DS then I would rather not game at all.

Yeah I don't do mobile or 3ds too.Rubish.Is not like we are against Dr.'s opinion.We are just setting the facts on the table.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
technicalgamer said:

I wasn't going to respond to this, but for the record I've never owned a Sony Handheld, (not even phone). The last handheld I owned was a GBA SP.

Wha? So why are you against he idea of Sony not supporting the Vita? You are crazy or high baby.

technicalgamer said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
technicalgamer said:

Wha? So why are you against he idea of Sony not supporting the Vita? You are crazy or high baby.

Just because I'm not convinced doesn't mean I'm against it. I just haven't seen enough evidence to support the claim.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network

This is the "worst generation for handhelds" because Vita's sales are terrible, not the other way around.

And both the 3DS and Vita were way overpriced when they were released... a $250 handheld was NEVER going to be successful. Notice how the 3DS's sales finally picked up after it was dropped below $200, and it has plenty of quality software, along with the 2DS for those on a budget. Vita meanwhile is still $200+ with literally no games. Not hard to see why this is the "worst generation for handhelds".

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
technicalgamer said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
technicalgamer said:

Just because I'm not convinced doesn't mean I'm against it. I just haven't seen enough evidence to support the claim.

How many triple a exclusives has Sony made recently that's of mention. Bringing indie games to ps vita isn't supporting, Sony didn't make them and it's even worse if it's not ps vita exclusive. Also who the heck buys a cutting edge handheld only to play indies? Also bringing former developers of psp to ps4 isn't supporting. The order should be on vita 

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

I don't understand how people say Sony never support Vita ,Vita get the second most popular playstation IP

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Hey, its not my fault that people stuck in their own assumptions can't explain their own opinions well.

In the OP, I clearly stated what would convince me of abandonment, a clear outlining of Vita support declining over its lifetime. Instead, I get the same rehashed arguments expecting me to simply accept the opinion without any valid evidence to support it.

Is it really that hard to consider both sides of the argument?

You seem to think that Sony not directly impeding devs from releasing games on the platform = supporting the platform. That is the fundamental problem. Just because there are a lot of indie ports released compared to launch from third-party devs does not mean Sony supports the system. Sony supporting the system would mean them releasing good games consistently for it, which they absolutely are not (look at Rol's links). 

You are simply fundamentally wrong in assuming that third-party support means straight up support from Sony. Sony has, at this point, started advertising the Vita as more of a companion machine than a dedicated handheld, a vastly different reality than what they promised starting out. Do you think early adopters wanted a steady stream of ports and indies? No, we expected many AAA games, from both Sony and third-party, that took advantage of the handheld. Instead, Sony stops making games for it, and third-party devs only do ports and indies, with the occasional JRPG coming our way (which, half the time, is also a port).

Your expectation of "support", in the end, makes no sense. What, did you expect Sony to just cancel the Vita? Nah. If you want to see an example of the lack of support, just look at shelf space. Very few retailers even carry Vita games anymore, and those that do carry only a few, if even. That's a stark example of how far Sony has let it fall, when the majority library is digital indie releases that play better on different consoles.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

NightDragon83 said:
This is the "worst generation for handhelds" because Vita's sales are terrible, not the other way around.

And both the 3DS and Vita were way overpriced when they were released... a $250 handheld was NEVER going to be successful. Notice how the 3DS's sales finally picked up after it was dropped below $200, and it has plenty of quality software, along with the 2DS for those on a budget. Vita meanwhile is still $200+ with literally no games. Not hard to see why this is the "worst generation for handhelds".

Smartphones are why.