By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Explain: Sony abandoning the Vita

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Zoombael said:
Err, this again.

There are several reasons, why Sonys Vita couldn't survive. Lets make it short and sum em up.

Vita doesn't have Pokemon
Smartphones
A rival who has Pokemon
Crisis
High price
Competition with less price (combined with pokemon)

k, close thread, thanks.

I agree with your reasons... but it brings up the question why didn't Sony make/finance some kind of Pokemon like game?

Because it will not sold that well invizimals is the closest game to Pokemon and didn't even sell 1 million

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Ka-pi96 said:
small44 said:
Ka-pi96 said:

I agree with your reasons... but it brings up the question why didn't Sony make/finance some kind of Pokemon like game?

Because it will not sold that well invizimals is the closest game to Pokemon and didn't even sell 1 million

Because Invizimals kind of sucks. It would have sold well if they had a good one and marketed it, just like how Nintendo got Pokemon big. Imagine something like Yokai Watch being Vita exclusive with the anime and everything as well. Sure it wouldn't have really helped outside of Japan much, but if at least sold well in Japan it would have got more Japanese 3rd party support some of which would have translated to more western sales as well.

I don't see this audience in Sony handheld,Sony never succeed to attract children's

Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Ka-pi96 said:
small44 said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Because Invizimals kind of sucks. It would have sold well if they had a good one and marketed it, just like how Nintendo got Pokemon big. Imagine something like Yokai Watch being Vita exclusive with the anime and everything as well. Sure it wouldn't have really helped outside of Japan much, but if at least sold well in Japan it would have got more Japanese 3rd party support some of which would have translated to more western sales as well.

I don't see this audience in Sony handheld,Sony never succeed to attract children's

They have on home consoles with games like Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, and now Littlebigplanet. No reason they couldn't do the same on handheld, they just need the right games for it.

Those games are not just for childreen it's for everybody.

And those games sale are low compared to Pokemon sales and don't push a lot of system as Pokemon

Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

3DS - 80m

It just didn't sell well enough for 3rd parties to support it and even Sony themselves are limited in the support they ca give it. The consumers speak with their money and Vita just isn't wanted. I'm actually surprised it hasn't been discontinued yet.

I still think Sony's Vita strategy is horrible. Console-like games on a portable aren't what people want.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
small44 said:
Ka-pi96 said:

They have on home consoles with games like Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, and now Littlebigplanet. No reason they couldn't do the same on handheld, they just need the right games for it.

Those games are not just for childreen it's for everybody.

And those games sale are low compared to Pokemon sales and don't push a lot of system as Pokemon

Most games sales are low when compared to Pokemon so that doesn't really mean much...

Here we discuss about why Vita sale is poor and how Vita can be saved you suggested a Pokemon like game,but i don't don't see a game like that have the same effect as Pokemon and i don't see it save Vita ,i don't remember Littlebigplanet was a system seller and we don't know if Crash Bandicoot and Spyro where system sellers if a games sell a lot dosn't mean it's a system seller.

The only chance for Vita to be saved is to find a way to attract 3rd parties ,a console to be succesful dosn't depend about first party anymore it's all about 3rd party,Wii u first party didn't save Wii u,Destiny boosted ps4 more then any first party game

Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

3DS - 80m

iTechHeads said:
It just didn't sell well enough for 3rd parties to support it and even Sony themselves are limited in the support they ca give it. The consumers speak with their money and Vita just isn't wanted. I'm actually surprised it hasn't been discontinued yet.

I still think Sony's Vita strategy is horrible. Console-like games on a portable aren't what people want.

Console-like game is the reason why PSP sold well and Vita is selling bad because there's was not enough exclusive or multiplatform console-like games

Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

3DS - 80m

padib said:
bubblegamer said:
Sony shouldn't support the Vita anymore than it's doing. It's just common sense. Then again it's not that common if you look at the state of some other consoles.

It's not really common sense unless you're ready to give up the portable line altogether.

In contrast with the WiiU, Nintendo will support it till the end success or not because they will want to make a successor (obviously).

It all depends on what your vision and business strategy is.

Except Sony did that with PS3 already. No need to do it twice.

Mike_L said:
Anfebious said:
Vita has no support, that's a fact not an opinion.

Wtf? I enjoy my Vita more than any other console at the moment. Do you even have one? Funny how people that don't own a Vita often complain the most.

Sorry but everytime I see listed those games makes even harder to think Vita has good support.  Of those games, which are exclusives to Vita? 

Don't get me wrong, I have a vita and I'm very fond of it, but it doesn't have the support it needs. And no, indie and multiplatforms games aren't exactly selling points.

3DS FC :  4339 - 3326 - 7693. Add me :) Nickname Tin

MRKs said:
Mike_L said:
Anfebious said:
Vita has no support, that's a fact not an opinion.

Wtf? I enjoy my Vita more than any other console at the moment. Do you even have one? Funny how people that don't own a Vita often complain the most.

Sorry but everytime I see listed those games makes even harder to think Vita has good support.  Of those games, which are exclusives to Vita? 

Don't get me wrong, I have a vita and I'm very fond of it, but it doesn't have the support it needs. And no, indie and multiplatforms games aren't exactly selling points.

I agree completely. I just think it's odd when people claim "no support" like Anfebious who doesn't even own a Vita. How am I playing "no support". Just got Minecraft yesterday and looking forward to Digimon Story, Gravity Rush 2, Hotline Miami 2, Helldivers, Mighty No. 9, Tales of Hearts R, Grim Fandango, Tales From the Borderlands and a few others. I wouldn't call that "no support".