By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Evil Within PS4 vs. XBO Performance Analysis

I agree with them about the camera and the controls, camera angles get really bad in tight hallways or corridors that require you to look around while while crouched.

But I haven't really noticed the frame rate problem so much. The dips are there but don't really seem to bother or hinder gameplay.

Other than the first chapter, I am liking the game.

Around the Network

this is a 30fps title, and both should be locked to 30 imo

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

lol what a mess of game.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-is-it-possible-to-run-the-evil-within-pc-at-1080p60

"Bethesda has given PC users the tools to unlock The Evil Within's built-in 30fps cap, but we couldn't help but wonder - just how much computational power is required to double the game's frame-rate and produce a sustained, consistent 60fps experience at 1080p? It turns out that our PC test rig - fitted with a Core i7 3770K overclocked to 4.3GHz and matched with 16GB of DDR3 - couldn't handle it, not even when outfitted with the GeForce GTX 980, the fastest single-chip graphics card available on the market today."

"In the case of The Evil Within, it's a little strange, bearing in mind that the id Tech 5 engine on which it is based was designed by John Carmack and his colleagues with 60fps gameplay in mind - to the point where Jens Matthies, Creative Director at Machine Games noted that the technology effectively forced them into running Wolfenstein: The New Order at 60fps."

Well that is the expected Bethesda's quality lol

ethomaz said:

lol what a mess of game.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-is-it-possible-to-run-the-evil-within-pc-at-1080p60

"Bethesda has given PC users the tools to unlock The Evil Within's built-in 30fps cap, but we couldn't help but wonder - just how much computational power is required to double the game's frame-rate and produce a sustained, consistent 60fps experience at 1080p? It turns out that our PC test rig - fitted with a Core i7 3770K overclocked to 4.3GHz and matched with 16GB of DDR3 - couldn't handle it, not even when outfitted with the GeForce GTX 980, the fastest single-chip graphics card available on the market today."

"In the case of The Evil Within, it's a little strange, bearing in mind that the id Tech 5 engine on which it is based was designed by John Carmack and his colleagues with 60fps gameplay in mind - to the point where Jens Matthies, Creative Director at Machine Games noted that the technology effectively forced them into running Wolfenstein: The New Order at 60fps."

Well that is the expected Bethesda's quality lol

Oh come on, only because PS3 wasn't able to handle Skyrim?

Teeqoz said:
kowenicki said:

dat GAF bolding...

lol.

Surely the whole of paragraph 5 should be bolded?

Anyhow... more importantly.  Is the game any good?

Depends, do you like old-school survival horror?

OMG I'm so old. RE4/Silent Hill style is now old school.....

Around the Network
bubblegamer said:
Yes the PS4 looks better when held up against the X1 version. I don't care either way though, this one game i like so i'm gonna enjoy it either way.

Yeah, it's a good and solid Game !  If only devs had optimized the code a bit more, just a thought.

I'm considering to buy it.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

It looks like this is a true sequel to Resident Evil 4, with all the performance issues.

Ninsect said:
daredevil.shark said:

Very poor optimization for a mediocore game.

Mediocre graphics, perhaps. Please don't continue the narrative where 70-80 is considered mediocre...

This. 70-80 is good, 80-90 is great and 90+ is Excellent. If anything mediocre means average which I would consider 50-60 and 60-70 would be above average. Anything below 50 is just bad and avoid. Review scores mean little these days anyway.

walsufnir said:

Oh come on, only because PS3 wasn't able to handle Skyrim?

Skyrim is a bug fest in every single platform... the worst PS3.

i'm playing it rigth now, at 60 fps, with some tricks, low fps has been 45-44, like ever the PC version is superior to the console ones :/

34 years playing games.