By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - evil within metacritic (76 on PS4)...i.e. if this game was made a decade ago...

What a bunch of sissies

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

It does look like a great game. I really want to get it but I know exactly what willl happen if I buy this game. I'll start to play it get scared and not want to play anymore. I bought and returned Dead space at least 3 times because I really wanted to get into the game it was fun but I just can't handle being scared I hate it.

A lot of major sites will lose credibility this gen if the sales review disparity widens.

So many games that got 9s I didn't even finish but games liked Destiny that got panned by major sites, I've put over 80 hrs in.

Ninsect said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
saw 2 reviews that

one from gametrailer ( the dude is a massive resi 4 fan and s am i ) - great score
one from IGN ( the ladie likes survival horror genre too i like her reviews ) - good score

dont need to see anymore review to be honest with you guys. Game is great, reviewers are becamin g a joke.

87 is only a "good" score now? Come on, that is a great score. 90+ is amazing, 80+ is great. 70+ is good. 60+ is average. 50+ is mediocre. less than 50 is below average, bad and terrible

The grading system used in schools has conditioned people to think otherwise. In all schools, less than 60% is a failing grade, and in some schools, less than 70% means you failed. 70-79% is weak, 80-89% is mediocre, and only 90% or above is considered truly "good."

When gaming websites use A/B/C/D/F letter grades in gaming reviews, Metacritic grades them far more harshly. A "C" grade is generally translated as 50-60% on Metacritic, which means a failure.

SanAndreasX said:
Ninsect said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
saw 2 reviews that

one from gametrailer ( the dude is a massive resi 4 fan and s am i ) - great score
one from IGN ( the ladie likes survival horror genre too i like her reviews ) - good score

dont need to see anymore review to be honest with you guys. Game is great, reviewers are becamin g a joke.

87 is only a "good" score now? Come on, that is a great score. 90+ is amazing, 80+ is great. 70+ is good. 60+ is average. 50+ is mediocre. less than 50 is below average, bad and terrible

The grading system used in schools has conditioned people to think otherwise. In all schools, less than 60% is a failing grade, and in some schools, less than 70% means you failed. 70-79% is weak, 80-89% is mediocre, and only 90% or above is considered truly "good."

When gaming websites use A/B/C/D/F letter grades in gaming reviews, Metacritic grades them far more harshly. A "C" grade is generally translated as 50-60% on Metacritic, which means a failure.

Less than 50% is a failing grade here in most schools. Very few get 90%+ and that is considered excellent.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Around the Network

Why are reviews like Gametrailers (9) and AusGamer (10) added to the Xbox version but not the PS4 one? Weird. Seems to be bringing the score down.

The average of all the reviews out there is 83, as per NeoGaf. Seems pretty good to me.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Ninsect said:
SanAndreasX said:
Ninsect said:

Less than 50% is a failing grade here in most schools. Very few get 90%+ and that is considered excellent.

In the United States, if you don't make at least 60% (or 70% in some schools), you've failed the test. If you don't make at least a 60% or 70% average in overall classwork, you fail the class, and that's the mindset of American consumers. So they look at a game pulling 76% on Metacritic as the equivalent of a student that just spent Algebra II playing pocket pool and did only the bare minimum of work required to pass.

An interesting read...
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10/14/the-rating-game-how-reviews-impact-those-who-create

Areym said:
curl-6 said:

The awesome thing about all these popular games flopping on metacritic is that maybe it'll make people stop taking that site as gospel.

above 70 metacritic is flopping? since when?

Since the last few years. At least, that's how people act.

Still missing the part where 7/10 is something terrible, rather than reviewers and the problems they sure have i think people should start watching their own judgement