By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Pachter: Xbox One outsold PS4 in September..... (Not A Fact)

PS4 best week since christmas+Destiny+5 weeks month = 250k??? LOL.

PS4 has more chance to have sold 500k in the month than only 250k. He really sounds like a bad fanboy, and a very clueless one in fact........He always seems to get those numbers from his ass without thinking too much of it. He's very unprofessional and I don't understand why people still follow this guy.

90% of VGC users make better predictions than this "professional"....

Around the Network

Also Pachter is insane.

250,000 PS4s in a 5 Week Month, with the biggest launch of the Year, would be quite awful. 50k per-Week average when in August it had a 47k per-Week average.

Yeah. Pachter has been on the pipe.

Mods, ban me for a month if Xbox One outsells PS4 for September NPD's.

If GameStop, Amazon, Walmart and Best Buy all had PS4 winning,... oh nevermind. This is giving me a headache. I mean, the Xbox One only had a free game for one week. I would feel weird right now if he was giving me advice as an investor.

earliest april fools joke in history?

Around the Network

PS4 had 2 SKUs in the top 10 the entire month and Xbox One had zero in the top 25 on Amazon. PS4 Destiny bundle was #1 on Gamestop pretty much the entire month. Xbox One never passed it.

The Destiny PS4 bundle surpassed all Xbox One SKUS on Amazon best seller for 2014.

I think we all know how this predication is gonna turn out.

I think someone took some time off in Sept. How can you be this bad consistently?

Lol

BTW I will left here an anedoctal insight of Best Buy in one District.

Originally Posted by Abdiel
Hello all, Abdiel's Best Buy snapshot.

So, I had expected the ps4 to do well, but it did very, very well. The white bundle brought in a ton of new consumers, and even some current owners (like myself, actually) bought the white one as well (I sold my launch unit to a friend who struggles with finances, letting him pay me back over time, haha). We actually cleared our stock in almost over store in our district at least once, and needed replenishment. Crazy stuff. I remain keenly interested to see how other chains reflect this, though I know the game stop near my home did impressive numbers as well.

The XB1 still sold well, and certainly didn't lose momentum from the previous month, but there was a distinct gap in sales. Very distinct. Though I don't think anyone assumed the XB1 would win Destiny month.

Destiny continued to sell pretty Damn well after launch, though some consumers were clearly wavering as they considered. Word of mouth and friends pushing friends to join in the online chaos clearly did wonders.

Wii U is really struggling. The parents buying games for kids group seems largely in the dark now that the MK8 push has faded. Not sure how it will work out.

So yeah. Hope this still ends up on the first page.

padib said:
fatslob-:O said:
You can do better than this Pachter ...

No, he can't.

What you said^^^^^^^^^^^^ this is my fav thread of the day, btw i cant wait for this prediction of his to flame out hell even toastboy wouldnt say something so obnoxious lol.

sully1311 said:
Mods, ban me for a month if Xbox One outsells PS4 for September NPD's.

You do know after saying this Pachter will actually be right. The only time in history this guy is right is when you make a comment like this. LOL