By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WW HW for week ending October 4th, X1 comes close but couldn't pass PS4. China release + FH2. SW for USA and UK

The GTA V+ LBP3 + Far Cry 4 bundles effect will be interesting in november, thiat will be a crazy month, all that in one week and the next week, black friday

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network
wary-wallaroo said:
And this is why the X1 won't win a single weak until a $100 price cut or maybe Halo 5 release week.

Did you forget the MCC in november? there is little to no chance the PS4 outsells it that week.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Intrinsic said:
teigaga said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Welp, When Sony wins, they really win!

Well technically they won last gen aswell. But that was a tight one!

Essentially sony have never lost in regards to home consoles and the only reason they came close was because of their incompetence with the PS3's development.

How can you say the sony won last gen? Give credit where credit is due. Nintendo were the winers of the 7th gen. The got to 100M before anyone else and with a gap of over ~20M from their nearest competitor.  Sony eventually clawed their way back to second place but at the end of the day, Sony were the biggest losers of the 7th gen.

Well yes, Wii won last Gen in the Global, but not by over 20M, by 17.5M and the Gap si getting smaller week after week. 360 won in NA, and PS3 almost caught Wii in Europe. True, Wii won, but not a 'full victory' considering PS3 is crushing it since a long time in the weekly Global selling numbers.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

ganoncrotch said:
wary-wallaroo said:
And this is why the X1 won't win a single weak until a $100 price cut or maybe Halo 5 release week.

Did you forget the MCC in november? there is little to no chance the PS4 outsells it that week.

That's what people said about Tier 2 week, China week, Price cut week and so on.....  It might happen but at this point there is a higher chance that it won't.

drake_tolu said:

PS4>XO the China week?
Wow... i don't expect this.

But so, XBOX ONE without China sell only 80K-90K ?

Wow. I don't understand the chart in VGChartz. If you add the regions Xbox1 is only 79k pieces so does this mean it sold 100k pieces in China? From what I understood there are only estimations it sold between 50k and 90k? Why adding 100k for Xbox?

Does anyone knows when PS4 will be released in China?

Around the Network
kappie1977 said:
drake_tolu said:

PS4>XO the China week?

Wow. I don't understand the chart in VGChartz. If you add the regions Xbox1 is only 79k pieces so does this mean it sold 100k pieces in China? From what I understood there are only estimations it sold between 50k and 90k? Why adding 100k for Xbox?

No,  it sold ~100K in RoW(rest of the world)  which includes places like china, russia and all the other areas not covered by the Three Main Regions.

Wow. Even with a huge release in China Xbone still can't beat Ps4. I feel a bit bad honestly.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Robbie2010 said:
kappie1977 said:
drake_tolu said:

PS4>XO the China week?

No,  it sold ~100K in RoW(rest of the world)  which includes places like china, russia and all the other areas not covered by the Three Main Regions.

ah ok that explains. but then I would think the result is bad for MSFT because China bump is only for one or two weeks, so will go down soon.
We will see,  but it's a great day for the chinese people finally they can officially buy real consoles (they could buy consoles, but only on the grey market)

Robbie2010 said:
ganoncrotch said:
wary-wallaroo said:

That's what people said about Tier 2 week, China week, Price cut week and so on.....  It might happen but at this point there is a higher chance that it won't.

It's doubtful but if Microsoft comes out with the halo bundle, and if people that want gta/farcry/lbp wait for the bundle.. It might have a chance.

Nate4Drake said:
Intrinsic said:
teigaga said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Welp, When Sony wins, they really win!

Well technically they won last gen aswell. But that was a tight one!

Essentially sony have never lost in regards to home consoles and the only reason they came close was because of their incompetence with the PS3's development.

How can you say the sony won last gen? Give credit where credit is due. Nintendo were the winers of the 7th gen. The got to 100M before anyone else and with a gap of over ~20M from their nearest competitor.  Sony eventually clawed their way back to second place but at the end of the day, Sony were the biggest losers of the 7th gen.

Well yes, Wii won last Gen in the Global, but not by over 20M, by 17.5M and the Gap si getting smaller week after week. 360 won in NA, and PS3 almost caught Wii in Europe. True, Wii won, but not a 'full victory' considering PS3 is crushing it since a long time in the weekly Global selling numbers.

Last gen officialy ended when this gen started in full. It doesn't matter if the PS3 has onger legs, its close or whatever. A win is a win. Kinda like how in baseball a pitcher is awarded a win after the first 5 innings even if his team goes on to lose the game by the 9th inning.

17.5M, 20M... lets give credit where credit is due. Nintendo came from a 22M selling console to not only dethrone the PS brand but win that generation by over 10M. No buts here, lets not downplay it. Mind you, this is the same way I wouldn't want the fact theat the PS4 is dominating everyting to be downplayed either.